• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

No generational gap will explain you labeling him a primadonna as he's remained virtually silent through this entire process.
He doesn't even run his own social media, his mother and sister do. He's the complete opposite of a prima donna and appears to be trying to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible while going through a very public process. Seems pretty heady and humble for a 17-year-old to me. It's crazy to me that anyone who has followed this process at all would say otherwise.

Re: prima domna comment.

Perhaps a bit harsh. But, no other school wants DR like Nebraska does. He is not only a great talent but part of the "Nebraska family." If USC doesn't get him...oh, well. If Georgia doesn't get him...no big deal. But if Nebraska doesn't get him it will be a tremendous let down after all of the hype and speculation. It will be seen as rejection.

My hope is that Nebraska truly is in the running and if they are, I have no issue with his silence. But if not, he should simply say so.

Folks bottom line is Dylan holds all the cards

No one will pressure him
Exactly. Anyone claiming they know what he is going to do is only guessing.

I always chuckle at the experts that are "in the know", before the player himself has even made his decision.

The speculation is always interesting but means nothing.

He will let the schools and fans know when he is ready to do so.

He hasn't said yes and he hasn't said no. Longer this drags out I think it's better for Nebraska. I bet he knows already where he wants to go. So much more is involved in recruiting these days.

Exactly. Anyone claiming they know what he is going to do is only guessing.

I always chuckle at the experts that are "in the know", before the player himself has even made his decision.

The speculation is always interesting but means nothing.

He will let the schools and fans know when he is ready to do so.
At the same time,DR is no dummy. The longer this goes, the less effect getting him has which hurts him,his team

At the same time,DR is no dummy. The longer this goes, the less effect getting him has which hurts him,his team
I'd say up to a point. If he makes his decision by May or June that should be fine. Guys that may follow are 4 and 5 star guys that don't have to be in a hurry to commit themselves, and even if they do once he makes the move they can always decommit and follow if we have a spot for them.

I'd say up to a point. If he makes his decision by May or June that should be fine. Guys that may follow are 4 and 5 star guys that don't have to be in a hurry to commit themselves, and even if they do once he makes the move they can always decommit and follow if we have a spot for them.
Agree to the point decommitting. I think it means too much at that point.
IF its those players decision, thats different.

Last edited:
Re: prima domna comment.

Perhaps a bit harsh. But, no other school wants DR like Nebraska does. He is not only a great talent but part of the "Nebraska family." If USC doesn't get him...oh, well. If Georgia doesn't get him...no big deal. But if Nebraska doesn't get him it will be a tremendous let down after all of the hype and speculation. It will be seen as rejection.

My hope is that Nebraska truly is in the running and if they are, I have no issue with his silence. But if not, he should simply say so.
I totally get the frustration. I believe we're in the running, and I think it's a closer race than many of the pundits believe it to be. I believe the kid is trying to do his due diligence and make the right decision for himself.

exactly. Even in the video RR posted the guys made it clear that the earlier he commits, the more time Rhule has to build a class around him. Georgia and USC don't have nearly as much to lose if he waits because the'll have top-tier classes regardless.

My people "in the know" have been telling me June for a couple weeks now... it's looking more and more like they could be correct.

Last edited:

exactly. Even in the video RR posted the guys made it clear that the earlier he commits, the more time Rhule has to build a class around him. Georgia and USC don't have nearly as much to lose if he waits because the'll have top-tier classes regardless.

My people "in the know" have been telling me June for a couple weeks now... it's looking more and more like they could be correct.
Or earlier. Silent commits happen too, which often turn out to be not so silent on some ears.
Sometimes players get together on such things, and no, I'm not saying I have inside info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back