• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

:Biggrin:
I had a hard time finding a sailing ship that was going away instead of towards. This was the best I could do. ;)
Nothing for nothing, but a monohull under sail is almost always going to give the appearance of turning if the wind is strong enough to make it look like it is moving in a short gif.

Could an NIL deal he signed impact this as well? Wouldn’t probably be a big deal for a wealthy family to pay back but I have heard about this sort of thing being a potential problem going forward if the parent(s) signed off on the contract. No worry for a minor but parent(s) could potentially be on the hook to return any monies already paid out contingent on player attending a particular school. Any knowledge in this regard?
I don't think any of these deals would work until the kid is 18 and can sign. There could be contingencies like bonuses but once a kid gets paid he isn't going to have to give anything back. It would be a PR nightmare for the school and any kid with an agent or a brain would never sign anything like that (here's $50k, but if you don't start you have to give it back)

Truth told, players of his caliber don't end up at programs like NEB. We still haven't had a QB throw a pass in the league in 35 years, and we were coming off a 3-9 season. It would have been extremely difficult to pull him regardless of the "bad taste" factor.

That said, make the call and say hello. Let them know we realize mistakes were made and we aren't trying to flip, just saying hi. Mend fences with Dom. Dylan isn't going to sign with us, but QBs transfer all the time. Plus there is also a younger Raiola brother.
This is true. We are probably the least prodigious school for NFL quarterbacks. Hard to believe we couldn't accidentally sign someone once in a while. Meanwhile, Southern Illinois had Romo. Sam Hartman is at Wake Forest. It's crazy how many random schools have produced great QBs when we've had zilch

Now with coach Frost gone, do we have a chance to flip him back from OSU? Would be tough but everything I read Frost being a no show when they were supposed to meet with whole family makes me wonder if he could be interested in us again
Let's get the coach first, then anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back