• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a connection no school can compete against!!

And in case NU needs some additional cover....

Untitled.jpg

Read an article that I couldn't save to share.It was USA Today and it said that Raiola has visited Georgia 6 different times. I know we heard he visited but if this is true, it is a little concerning!

By the time it's said and done he will have visited Georgia, USC, and Nebraska many, many times. If I'm not mistaken he has some workouts in southern Cali coming up so he'll likely be back at USC again one or more times.

Last edited:
Re: prima domna comment.

Perhaps a bit harsh. But, no other school wants DR like Nebraska does. He is not only a great talent but part of the "Nebraska family." If USC doesn't get him...oh, well. If Georgia doesn't get him...no big deal. But if Nebraska doesn't get him it will be a tremendous let down after all of the hype and speculation. It will be seen as rejection.

My hope is that Nebraska truly is in the running and if they are, I have no issue with his silence. But if not, he should simply say so.

This reads like a sense of entitlement that plagues many sports fans.

How much another school wants a recruit (which isn't even measurable) matters infinitely less than how much a recruit wants to attend that school. If a recruit wants to go where he's most wanted, that's his choice. But again, level of "want" is highly subjective.

Reality is, "want" from a school and its fan base doesn't have to be any part of recruit's decision making process. I don't even think it should be. If I'm a recruit, that's far down my list. If I have a scholarship offer, that's all the "want" that matters to me.

All recruits who don't accept a scholarship are rejecting an offer. Happens dozens of times every year. You move on. No one owes Nebraska anything.

If/when Raiola is no longer interested in Nebraska, odds are he'll say. If he doesn't say anything until the day he makes his choice (most likely scenario), that's fine. That's how it commonly works.

If Raiola chooses USC, Georgia, or Oregon, I hope we wish the kid well and move on. But I'm certain there will be fans that feel like he cheated us, and they'll take out their frustrations on social media. Heck, our fan base was brutal to Tristan Gebbia when he decided to transfer to Oregon State. Husker fans are ugly and highly immature at times. I hope not to see this if Raiola goes elsewhere.

It's mind blowing to me how much fans get wrapped up emotionally in the decisions of 17 year old kids. Or how much they believe in their personal preferences for how a recruit should handle the recruiting process. It's Dylan Raiola's life. It's his choice.

Last edited:

How much another school wants a recruit (which isn't even measurable) matters infinitely less than how much a recruit wants to attend that school. If a recruit wants to go where he's most wanted, that's his choice. But again, level of "want" is highly subjective.

Reality is, "want" from a school and its fan base doesn't have to be any part of recruit's decision making process. I don't even think it should be. If I'm a recruit, that's far down my list. If I have a scholarship offer, that's all the "want" that matters to me.

All recruits who don't accept a scholarship are rejecting an offer. Happens dozens of times every year. You move on. No one owes Nebraska anything.

If/when Raiola is no longer interested in Nebraska, odds are he'll say. If he doesn't say anything until the day he makes his choice (most likely scenario), that's fine. That's how it commonly works.

If Raiola chooses USC, Georgia, or Oregon, I hope we wish the kid well and move on. But I'm certain there will be fans that feel like he cheated us, and they'll take out their frustrations on social media. Heck, our fan base was brutal to Tristan Gebbia when he decided to transfer to Oregon State. Husker fans are ugly and highly immature at times. I hope not to see this if Raiola goes elsewhere.

Our fan base can definitely act entititled as if they're owed something.

Read an article that I couldn't save to share.It was USA Today and it said that Raiola has visited Georgia 6 different times. I know we heard he visited but if this is true, it is a little concerning!
He’s visited Lincoln just as many times

It's mind blowing to me how much fans get wrapped up emotionally in the decisions of 17 year old kids. Or how much they believe in their personal preferences for how a recruit should handle the recruiting process. It's Dylan Raiola's life. It's his choice.
I don't care one way or another whether Raiola comes to Nebraska.

I don't care one way or another whether Raiola comes to Nebraska.
Yeah. Landing a highly rated recruit can give a fan base hope due to hype. But it's a team sport and it doesn't automatically translate into any victories. It's just hope and hope based upon the choices of a teenager who hasn't played a down for us. That's what's driving fans to post page after page of this stuff.

As a team and a fan base, we should be getting our hope from the things we can control:; hard work, money from fans (TV, NIL) to buy good coaching and facilities and now players, loud home crowds etc.. HCMR knows that too. He's not going to worry about any one player that got away.

As a Husker fan, I have hope. I can't help it. I've been here before. I'll still have hope regardless of what college choice this obviously fine young man makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back