• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say he is a mass developer is a stretch IMO. Jalen Hurts (#4 DUAL in the country, developed at Bama first for 3 years at least), Caleb Williams (#2 QB of 2020 class and #102 ranked ALLTIME player via 247), and Baker Mayfield. You may be able to make a slight case that he developed Mayfield but even then, he had at least two to three years of experience under his belt from another school. What you COULD say Riley is good at is recruiting high level talent, I would agree with that.

Baker Mayfield. #1 overall pick.
Kyler Muray. #1 overall pick.
Jalen Hurts. 2nd round pick (now MVP candidate).
Caleb Williams will be the #1 overall pick in 2024.
Hell, even the guy he coached at Eastern Carolina was a stud in the AFL for a few years.

It's just not accurate to say he isn't a great developer. No other coach in all of CFB can point to that type of track record. Luck might play into 1-2 of those guys but that many all being successful under him, regardless of where they were ranked in HS, proves his system works.

Last edited:

Baker Mayfield. #1 overall pick.
Kyler Muray. #1 overall pick.
Jalen Hurts. 2nd round pick (now MVP candidate).
Caleb Williams will be the #1 overall pick in 2024.
Hell, even the guy he coached at Eastern Carolina was a stud in the AFL for a few years.

It's just not accurate to say he isn't a great developer. No other coach in all of CFB can point to that type of track record. Luck might play into 1-2 of those guys but that many all being successful under him, regardless of where they were ranked in HS, proves his system works.

You're telling me that Baker Mayfield was developed by Riley? I'd assumed his talent was formed in his one year at Texas Tech where he was a walk-on.

Same with Kyler Murray. It's obvious to me that he learned everything in his one year at Texas A&M where he lost a QB battle.

And I don't care if Riley has coached Caleb Williams from day 1, we all know you peak in high school.

You're telling me that Baker Mayfield was developed by Riley? I'd assumed his talent was formed in his one year at Texas Tech where he was a walk-on.

Same with Kyler Murray. It's obvious to me that he learned everything in his one year at Texas A&M where he lost a QB battle.

And I don't care if Riley has coached Caleb Williams from day 1, we all know you peak in high school.

200 (9).gif

Not a chance that happens. The final four schools are not going to wait around potentially losing out on another top QB waiting for Dylan

The Huskers iff he says no could lose out on both him and the kid from Omaha who is not going to wait around either until mid-Season to be told no

Dom has already said he will decide in March which is good for Nebraska because if he says no they can full blower after the other kid

It's very important to have your class QB onboard in order to recruit the skill players on offense etc

Dim is smart enough to realize and has no doubt spoken to Dylan on the importance of the decision date

Folks need to keep in mind too that the Railoa's realize this is a rebuild
It’s somewhat of a rebuild now but the Big Ten West is really wide open and it’s not going to be a rebuild for long. Raiola has more than likely been told if he commits they’ll build the team around him.

Riley inherits ready to go QBs

Little to show he develops them unless I have missed something?

Not to mention the Coliseum where USC plays is a dump and the campus is not in the best part of LA.

As for where Dylan is going it's anybody's guess in my opinion

The family understands it's a rebuild the decision will not be based on a W-L record because if it was we would not even be in consideration right now

The fan base needs to understand that too

With 38 new scholarship players half the roster will have been overturned

Trust me Dominic Raiola understands that and has voiced it on several occasions

As to who the leader is right now that's debatable

This will play out and a decision will be made in a little over a month

Coach Ruhle and staff have pulled out all the stops and I think we are in a good position

Where he goes we will know soon enough
To your point about the part of LA. I still recall late 80s early 90s. When a player was shot while standing on the practice field. Stray bullet from a nearby gang war.

Not to mention the Coliseum where USC plays is a dump and the campus is not in the best part of LA.

The family understands it's a rebuild the decision will not be based on a W-L record because if it was we would not even be in consideration right now

Coach Ruhle and staff have pulled out all the stops and I think we are in a good position

I tend to agree. Can anyone name a QB that Riley signed out of high school and developed? Me neither. Riley definitely has a good offensive mind but he brought in QBs that had success in a conference with questionable defenses.

I think Dylan will absolutely try not to change his mind again after announcing in March. So announcing Nebraska knowing he could bail out this Fall if things don't look good sn't likely to be something he would even think about. He won't want to be a flake and also he knows he will have peer recruited some guys by then.

Rhule is doing his best. It absolutely could be enough but also absolutely. might not be. Dylan might like NU and love his family and be excited to help turn the huskers around and come here..OR all those things could be true and he could easily go sonewhere else.

If he's true to himself he'll have to decide if the Huskers was only his Dad's movie or he wants it to be his movie too. Would be epic if it is, and if he wants to he could make it a helluva sequel, but he may just decide to go a different way.

Either thing could be right for him, and if he doesn't choose Nebraska, it likely won't really be because Rhule did something wrong. It would probably be much more just that he wants to do his own thing and so weighs the pros of his other choices more heavily.

Last edited:

The Utah game where he was dealing with a severe hamstring injury? Yeah ok. I guess he plays defense and gave up 47 points too?

And he did his job against Tulane. Scored 45 points. Gimme a break.

What a weak argument.
What was SCs scoring average?
Honest question. If he met the moment or even exceeded it

Last edited:

I disagree that it win/loss won’t play a part. It might not be a deciding factor but it’s already playing a part. Had we been 9-4 the last few years he would already be here.

The key is whether Rhule can be convincing enough at this point to overcome the W/L record of the past in favor of the Georgia/USCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back