• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola 2024 5 * QB: Commits To Ohio State

I'm not going to fault any QB for selecting OSU. Going back to Tyrell Prior in the Trussell years, only one of their QBs wasn't drafted. The one that wasn't bounced around the league for 4 years as a UDF (TJ Barrett). When it comes to high end QB play and putting guys in the League, 'Bama, OU, OSU, and USC are lapping the field.
Great take

Yeah I hear ya. And that bench is just a spring board to the portal... unfortunately kids ain't sittin' for long these days.

The word "committed" just doesn't mean what it used to in College Football.

And here I thought Hollywood Marriages lacked commitment! :O O:
He could have come to NU and made a DIFFERENCE and made pops proud. I guarantee you, secretly, Dominic is not happy about it, even though I bet he doesn’t show it. I truly hope he does end up on the bench.

You can’t lose what you don’t have. I heard day 1 he wasn’t coming here and Ohio State was his destination per Jeremy. He was dead on. Don’t feel bad. The portal was our friend this year.

He could have come to NU and made a DIFFERENCE and made pops proud. I guarantee you, secretly, Dominic is not happy about it, even though I bet he doesn’t show it. I truly hope he does end up on the bench.
His father isn't happy because his son made his own choice, picking a school that has been one of the most elite college football programs in the entirety of his sons life that continually puts players, qbs included, in the NFL? Instead of choosing the school dad went to that was elite 20+ years ago but is mediocre at best right now with a coach who could be on the way out with 1 more bad season?

Interesting take.

His father isn't happy because his son made his own choice, picking a school that has been one of the most elite college football programs in the entirety of his sons life that continually puts players, qbs included, in the NFL? Instead of choosing the school dad went to that was elite 20+ years ago but is mediocre at best right now with a coach who could be on the way out with 1 more bad season?

Interesting take.
I'm at loss with that take. Absolutely smells of sour grapes. Plenty of examples of kids wanting to pave their own paths. Also examples of kids wanting NIL. Also examples of kids not wanting to join losing teams who recently just completed a 3-9 season. The kid is confident enough to think he can make a huge difference at tOSU. To me, that shows the confidence he has in himself to lead a perennial powerhouse. I don't know, that's sounds like the type of kid I'd want, but understand why he's going elsewhere.

I'm at loss with that take. Absolutely smells of sour grapes. Plenty of examples of kids wanting to pave their own paths. Also examples of kids wanting NIL. Also examples of kids not wanting to join losing teams who recently just completed a 3-9 season. The kid is confident enough to think he can make a huge difference at tOSU. To me, that shows the confidence he has in himself to lead a perennial powerhouse. I don't know, that's sounds like the type of kid I'd want, but understand why he's going elsewhere.
The top or close to top rated 5 star QB's in a class do not go to 3-9 teams.

As a father I want my son to be happy and do what he thinks is best for him. I will help guide him but if he makes informed choices, who gives a flip what I think he should do. It's his life.

If my kid is lucky enough to get D1 offers to play football I'd love him to play at NU. But I will be just as happy if he chooses Ohio St. Because that would mean he didn't choose Iowa ;)

Interesting take.
I’m just saying. I hope he gets buried on the bench personally. Some of these kids don’t think things thru. Lots of impulse. Once upon a time, many young people liked to at least try to please their folks. I guess I just see it differently. I reckon it’s just an era gone by. How cool would it have been though if he’d have come to NU to help restore what once was though? Water under the bridge. Good riddance.

I wasn’t confident he would commit or sign given the last 4 years. No matter how many times he visited, I thought he was only considering Nebraska out of respect for his father and uncle.

christoph-waltz.gif

Last edited:
I’m just saying. I hope he gets buried on the bench personally. Some of these kids don’t think things thru. Lots of impulse. Once upon a time, many young people liked to at least try to please their folks. I guess I just see it differently. I reckon it’s just an era gone by. How cool would it have been though if he’d have come to NU to help restore what once was though? Water under the bridge. Good riddance.
I wish him a life of success and happiness.

To each their own :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back