• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola 2024 5 * QB: Commits To Ohio State

Plenty of time left for us to string together a couple of winning seasons and win him back. And hell, if we have a losing season this year, plenty of time for the next coach to recruit him too. And if THAT coach loses, plenty of time for the coach AFTER that to get him to transfer. What a world we live in Husker fans.

Last edited:
Plenty of time left for us to string together a couple of winning seasons and win him back. And hell, if we have a losing season this year, plenty of time for the next coach to recruit him too. And if THAT coach loses, plenty of time for the coach AFTER that to get him to transfer. What a world we live in Husker fans.
Please take the discussion of results/coaches to another forum.

I'm not going to fault any QB for selecting OSU. Going back to Tyrell Prior in the Trussell years, only one of their QBs wasn't drafted. The one that wasn't bounced around the league for 4 years as a UDF (TJ Barrett). When it comes to high end QB play and putting guys in the League, 'Bama, OU, OSU, and USC are lapping the field.
has any of them had success? i think they have all been rookie contracts and then low level backups.

has any of them had success? i think they have all been rookie contracts and then low level backups.
Not really, no pro bowlers in the group (time will tell about Fields). They do a good job of getting them there, once there... Bama and OU are the same. Everyone makes the league, but they haven't excelled yet.

For kicks and giggles, I went back and looked at Pro Bowl rosters. In the last 10 years only two schools have had two Pro Bowl QBs..... Cal (Rodgers and Goff) and Louisville (Jackson and Bridgewater).

Can’t blame a kid for choosing a winning program over a losing one… and relationships and culture-fit matter quite a bit.

Would’ve been great to see him choose NU. But with the current state of college football, never say never. He could very well end up at NU (or somewhere else) by the end of his college days.

As is always the case (for me) with highly touted high-school athletes, it’s all about where and how they end their college days versus where and how they ended their high school days.

5 Star performance/results out of high school doesn’t always equate to 5 Star performance/results in college, but it’s certainly a useful indicator to narrow the field of choice.
Enjoy the bench.

This play is fairly obvious.

Commit to tOSU now. This will push most of tOSU's top QB recruits away for the next two years.

Come December 2023, open recruitment back up, but still leaning towards tOSU.

February 2024, switch commit to UNL on signing day.

tOSU left in the lurch for a top QB...UNL gets 5* QB who goes on to win multiple conference and national championships!

Dah!

Not really, no pro bowlers in the group (time will tell about Fields). They do a good job of getting them there, once there... Bama and OU are the same. Everyone makes the league, but they haven't excelled yet.

For kicks and giggles, I went back and looked at Pro Bowl rosters. In the last 10 years only two schools have had two Pro Bowl QBs..... Cal (Rodgers and Goff) and Louisville (Jackson and Bridgewater).

Glad you figured out the problem!! :thumbsup:

544338cbbe3d254d18022f042b774db5.gif

Exactly. This upcoming year will go a long ways in determining what type of talent we can attract. If it turns out to be another bust we'll need to rely on the power of the new head coach to bring in some of these top shelf players.
Haven’t had a “top shelf” player fo a long time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back