• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Kautz

Watching Kautz play hoops tonight. Let's just say he's an athlete playing basketball. He's 1-9 so far. Piper isn't very good at hoops either, averages 15 a game based on size. 40% free throw shooter

I used to think that you were clever. Now I know. I hope you like your cowbell served cold, hot, often, and unrelentingly because that's their thing.

Unfounded regional bias makes the world go round.

Brookings/Vermillion >>>>>>>>> anywhere in Texas.

If you think differently, you’re biased. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Last edited:

I remember going to a game in Brookings with my brother. During a timeout a dead jackrabbit came flying out of the stands and slid across the court.
That would have been a USD fan who tossed it out. That was a wonderful non-PC tradition that survived much longer than anyone would have guessed. In fairness the SDSU folks often tossed out a dead Coyote, which was more impressive since that can't be an easy thing to sneak in under your coat. The admin and security would be scouring the stands, looking for any signs of something nefarious, then a scuffle would take place on the court and all eyes would be turned, and BAM! out comes a dead animal ... or two ... or a dozen.

It was hard to continue that tradition when playing the NDSU Bison, and what do you do when you're playing the UND Fightin' Sioux?

Haha! Hey, I'm a neutral observer here. I attended neither school, but partied at both.
Every year students at SDSU are greatly disappointed when they realize that the classes on animal breeding don't mean what they thought they did, and so they take their stilts and Velcro gloves and go back to the dorms to chase a cheerleader. I hear that it's not hard to catch them as long as you have good quality alfalfa and a bucket of grain.

Last edited:

That would have been a USD fan who tossed it out. That was a wonderful non-PC tradition that survived much longer than anyone would have guessed. In fairness the SDSU folks often tossed out a dead Coyote, which was more impressive since that can't be an easy thing to sneak in under your coat. The admin and security would be scouring the stands, looking for any signs of something nefarious, then a scuffle would take place on the court and all eyes would be turned, and BAM! out comes a dead animal ... or two ... or a dozen.

It was hard to continue that tradition when playing the NDSU Bison, and what do you do when you're playing the UND Fightin' Sioux?

Yeah it was a USD student. It was a lot harder for us to throw Yellow Jackets out on the field or court so we mostly just chanted mean things about employment options at our rival.

They might. I'm not sure, but you WANT your son to go there. Do a Google of best engineering schools and watch what pops up. Forbes has had articles in the past talking about how ridiculously cheap a degree is from SDSM&T, even though their alum earn more than Harvard engineers, etc. If they offer the program, they have as close to 100% placement in that field as is imaginable. Their civil engineering and the computer-related tech engineering stuff is off the charts as far as placement and immediate earning potential.

Fwiw, it's also a very hard school. Their introductory writing and lit classes flunk A LOT of kids who don't know how to read (analytically) and write, and don't want to work enough to improve. I have no connections to the school beyond having former students go there, and (briefly) looking into some adjunct teaching positions there.
Yeah, I have been told that they are one of the best.....they send him letters every week........So we are definitely interested as is he.

I was wondering if SD gave Nebraska kids in-state tuition.....My kid is looking at South Dakota School Of Mines and Technology in Rapid City for their Electronic Engineering program and my wife said he would pay the same as a South Dakota resident.

You won't be able to find a better EE program than SDSM&T's for cost/quality. That includes even paying out of state tuition.

Well, DK's 100 time yesterday is a full ONE HALF second faster than out 2020 QB's winning 100 time and .20/sec faster than out fastest incoming WR time..

Very hard to believe that there was no space on the NU team for someone with that kind of speed. Good luck to DK at SDSU!

Last edited:

Every year students at SDSU are greatly disappointed when they realize that the classes on animal breeding don't mean what they thought they did, and so they take their stilts and Velcro gloves and go back to the dorms to chase a cheerleader. I hear that it's not hard to catch them as long as you have good quality alfalfa and a bucket of grain.
You must be a USD grad? Jacks eat Coyotes for snacks

I was part of a group of individuals who would go coyote hunting in December, hang the critters in the local lumber yard so they would freeze solid. Then, the day of the SDSU/USD basketball game, we would get one of our jock friends to help us get access to the old gym and hang the critters in the rafters. By half time of the game, the animals were thawing and dripping on the playing court. The crowd went nuts as the custodial staff slowly lowered the critters to remove them. The Jack players lit it up the fans with approval. Some of the best memories of my college days. Admin never did figure out who did it. Always a big celebration after the game. About 1967.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back