• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Kautz

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I’ve read Dylan has a Gopher greyshirt offer, but not even a preferred walk-on offer from the Huskers. Anyone know why? Legit 4.4 speed and 2400 yards rushing last year - I think he’d be a fit in this offense. I get why you may not given him as schollie given his size and competition but surprised Held and ScoFro wouldn’t at least make a preferred walk-on offer. He could be the next Danny Woodhead.

For how many kids that get labeled as the next Danny Woodhead from this state, its been over a decade and no one has became the next Danny Woodhead.
LOL, true dat. But I said “could.” And how many of those other Danny Woodheads were state champion sprinters and the fastest player in the state?

never-ever-say-scofro-again.jpg

Question. What is protocol for getting a preferred walk-on offer from Nebraska. Do they wait to make that offer until the player shows an interest? Has Kautz showed a willingness and the financial ability to walk-on to Nebraska?

I was hoping Norfolk Catholic was playing Aquinas down in David City this year so I could run up there from Lincoln to check him and 2 great teams out. But alas, they play in Norfolk.:Bananalazy:

LOL, true dat. But I said “could.” And how many of those other Danny Woodheads were state champion sprinters and the fastest player in the state?
I hear ya, he is certainly track fast. Only a few guys that could out-run him at state this year. If he wants the walk-on opportunity, they will give that to him all day. We just haven't sent any out yet.

His best bet is taking the Nebraska track scholarship then walking on to the football program in my opinion.

Question. What is protocol for getting a preferred walk-on offer from Nebraska. Do they wait to make that offer until the player shows an interest? Has Kautz showed a willingness and the financial ability to walk-on to Nebraska?
Preferred walk-on offers are usually given out once the season starts, but how many we have is determined a lot by numbers. So many of the kids that were given preferred walk-on offers in 2018 will fall back to just a "regular" walk-on for 2019 to make way for us to give more preferred walk-on spots to seniors we are trying to convince to come to Nebraska.

I don't believe we've extended any walk-on offers yet. I believe Kautz was offered a greyshirt from Minnesota.

Last edited:
I hear ya, he is certainly track fast. Only a few guys that could out-run him at state this year. If he wants the walk-on opportunity, they will give that to him all day. We just haven't sent any out yet.

His best bet is taking the Nebraska track scholarship then walking on to the football program in my opinion.

Dylan Kautz = Kenzo Cotton?

Dylan Kautz = Kenzo Cotton?
Dylan Kautz = Jamie Worden?

Worden got on the field occasionally, and made an impact blocking for the kid he beat in the 100m his senior year (Keith Jones). That wouldn't be a bad walk-on goal. I bet Kautz ends up at UNL in some capacity. GBR!

Dylan Kautz = Jamie Worden?

Worden got on the field occasionally, and made an impact blocking for the kid he beat in the 100m his senior year (Keith Jones). That wouldn't be a bad walk-on goal. I bet Kautz ends up at UNL in some capacity. GBR!
Jamie Worden...that's a blast from the past for me. His younger brother and I shared a birthday and went to school together at Scottsbluff until the middle of his high school year.

[QUOTEHis best bet is taking the Nebraska track scholarship then walking on to the football program in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he can be on a track scholarship and still walk on for football, without it counting as a football scholarship. You'd probably end up with some 300 pound linemen on the golf team.

[QUOTEHis best bet is taking the Nebraska track scholarship then walking on to the football program in my opinion.

I don't think he can be on a track scholarship and still walk on for football, without it counting as a football scholarship. You'd probably end up with some 300 pound linemen on the golf team.

I believe it is fine. If he plays a down of football, the track scholarship goes away and then he is in football scholarship. At least that is my understanding.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back