• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Duval/Husker Power

we're back

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Are we done questioning whether Duval/Husker Power are the right combination for Nebraska? Doesn't seem to be a concern of Frost, but several on here (*** was most outspoken about) seem to think his approach is outdated and detrimental.

Won’t be popular but look at Duvall when he has been in charge of SC and his record not very good. Also only SC coach who does Husker Power still but hey we won three games got to be the scheme right. These guys are with the players more than anybody so they coach more than anybody ask yourself why does our offensive line suck and can’t move their feet. Saban and Campbell and Kelley all fired their SC coaches when they had bad seasons and they turned around next season but keep the faith that Duvall is great he’s proven it so far.

Are we done questioning whether Duval/Husker Power are the right combination for Nebraska? Doesn't seem to be a concern of Frost, but several on here (*** was most outspoken about) seem to think his approach is outdated and detrimental.
He made some adjustments in the off-season that addressed some of the concerns that *** and others raised.

He’s clearly made the players stronger and more competitive up front. Our blocking scheme does, in fact, suck, but you can see massive improvement in the bodies on the defensive side of the ball, particularly the front seven. Our Dline and linebackers were getting curbstomped before Duvall, so he needs a little credit.

He’s clearly made the players stronger and more competitive up front. Our blocking scheme does, in fact, suck, but you can see massive improvement in the bodies on the defensive side of the ball, particularly the front seven. Our Dline and linebackers were getting curbstomped before Duvall, so he needs a little credit.
On defense maybe. We still look slow and stiff at OL to me.

Wagons circling.

schooner.gif

How likely is it that the new OC or OL coach would have what it takes to recommend a change in the S&C program, if not the coach?

I dont know but it really peaved me when Scott comes in and verbally trashes the last S&C guy.
Its Scotts mantra, come in and trash everyone else and pump his own chest and then it turns out his guy isnt even that good.

Nebraska players consistently grade out higher than most of the NFL combine...

Guys like JoJo will test off the charts. Nothing wrong with explosion training but we do need our guys to have better bend and flexibility.
Who in the last 3 years have tested high you can't use the twins because they trained for the combine with somebody else.

I dont know but it really peaved me when Scott comes in and verbally trashes the last S&C guy.
Its Scotts mantra, come in and trash everyone else and pump his own chest and then it turns out his guy isnt even that good.
Frost trashed the entire staff before him, so the S&C guy was just one of many. He was consistent....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back