• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked DT Todd Peat

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Does anyone know if Todd Peat 6'3 300 LB Defensive Tackle out if Arizona has visited? Does anyone have a highlight link? He's being recruited by Ron Brown.

He has some big-time offers including Nebraska and has made no visits that I am aware of and has no visit to Nebraska scheduled....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht-12iU2wiQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht-12iU2wiQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vtf97Pza5WY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vtf97Pza5WY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Does anyone know if Todd Peat 6'3 300 LB Defensive Tackle out if Arizona has visited? Does anyone have a highlight link? He's being recruited by Ron Brown.

This kid is tough to block and quick as a cat. Are the Huskers in his top two or three?

He looks pretty good. I think Mickey Johnson's film is a little better but Peat definitely has some potential.

From what I have read NU is in his final 7 with Arizona state and Stanford being his two favorites.

N2FL Interview with Todd Peat from May 11th

We currently have Todd Peat Jr. ranked #104 overall.

N2FL: At what age did you start playing football?

T.P.: When I was 14, a freshman in high school.

N2FL: What was your favorite college team growing up?

T.P.: Probably ASU. My grandparents are alumni there and always took me to the games growing up.

N2FL: Have a favorite NFL Team?

T.P.: Oakland Raiders. They pay my bills. :)

N2FL: Which is better, the NFL or college?

T.P.: They're both great. The NFL is a league of the best of the best of the best, but the college kids sometimes seem more passionate. If I really had to choose, I'd say college.

N2FL: Do you try and emulate any specific player?

T.P.: I watch a lot of Reggie White film. In my opinion, he's the best to ever do it. I also watch Darnell Docket, Jay Ratliff, Haloti Ngata and Gerald McCoy. They're all great, athletic players.

N2FL: Any particular reason for the jersey number?

T.P.: I wore #77 my freshman and sophomore year, and was planning on wearing #72 my junior year, but a teammate I really respected who graduated asked me to wear his number 55 jersey and I did it for him.

N2FL: What do you think of the current BCS system? Would you prefer a playoff?

T.P.: I don't know if there should be a playoff, but I think the system needs to be redone.

N2FL: When and who was your first scholarship offer?

T.P.: May 20, 2009- my dad's birthday. ASU. My sophomore year. My dad said it was the best birthday present he ever got.

N2FL: How many scholarship offers do you currently have?

T.P.: 13

N2FL: Is there a school that hasn't offered you that you would like to see do so?

T.P.: No, I think anyone who really wants me has already offered me, or is going to in the near future. I'm buying, not selling, for lack of a better phrase.

N2FL: What are some of the considerations you have when deciding between schools?

T.P.: Playing time is #1, I want to play for 4 years. I also need to feel like its a family environment. That's very important being around people who you like and treat you right.

N2FL: Who are the schools currently on your list for consideration? Any leaders?

T.P.: Stanford is the leader followed closely by ASU. I'm considering all schools that have offered though.

N2FL: Have you attended any schools Spring Game?

T.P.: ASU

N2FL: Who is currently recruiting you the hardest?

T.P.: Stanford, Arizona and ASU. Wake Forest and Alabama have also stepped it up.

N2FL: Have you thought about who you might want to "officially visit"?

T.P.: Not sure yet.

N2FL: What positions are you being recruited to play?

T.P.: DT

N2FL: What do you feel are some of your playing strengths?

T.P.: I'm very explosive, have good hands and a good nose for the ball.

N2FL: What are some things you would like to work on between now and college?

T.P.: Getting bigger, stronger and faster.

N2FL: How would you feel about Redshirting?

T.P.: I don't want to redshirt. I think I am physically read to play in college right now.

N2FL: What is the most annoying aspect of the recruiting process?

T.P.: It just becomes overwhelming after a while. Everyone wants a piece of your time. They want you to go here and there and look at this and that and at a point it becomes just way too many people pulling at you in every different direction. Questionnaires suck too. LoL.

N2FL: Do you have a major in mind?

T.P.: Either communications or journalism.

N2FL: What are your goals for your senior season?

T.P.: To stay healthy. When I'm on the field I feel I'm capable of anything.

N2FL: What will you miss the most about high school?

T.P.: I'm going to miss all of my friends, and also being 'Mr. Popular'.

N2FL: Do you have a time frame as to when you would like to commit?

T.P.: After I take my visits.

N2FL: In addition to "National Letter of Intent Day' in February, should there be an early signing period like college basketball? Perhaps in August or November?

T.P.: I think it's fine how it is.

N2FL: Have you communicated with any prospective recruits about attending the same school?

T.P.: I used to talk to Christian Westerman about playing at the same school, but now that he's committed to Texas, it doesn't look like its going to work out. I've also talked about it with my younger brother Andrus of course.

N2FL: Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

T.P.: My father. He's been the greatest role model and guide anyone can ever have. He's been to the places that I want to go to and he knows how to get there.

Todd Peat has yet to take any official visits to anyone.

The comment where he states he doesn't want to redshirt because he's physically able to play may hurt us a little. Even if he is, he has some pretty good college talent in front of him in Steinkuhler, Randle, Moore, not to mention Rome and Guy who COULD play but have talent in front of them, then what if Crick comes back.

Hope he chooses us, and I would assume the Pelinis are up front with him in saying what his chances of playing as a true freshmen are.

The comment where he states he doesn't want to redshirt because he's physically able to play may hurt us a little. Even if he is, he has some pretty good college talent in front of him in Steinkuhler, Randle, Moore, not to mention Rome and Guy who COULD play but have talent in front of them, then what if Crick comes back.

Hope he chooses us, and I would assume the Pelinis are up front with him in saying what his chances of playing as a true freshmen are.

I thought that too, but when I saw he wants a family environment, it made me think we could have a chance.

Of the kids I talk to, I would say that 90% of them do not want to redshirt. Usually only a QB or OL come out and say they would actually like it. I am sure the percentage of kids who come to Nebraska also dont want to but eventually accept it. If Peat came and saw for himself that he would see little time as the 4th or 5th DT, he would see how taking a year would help him to learn and get even more strength, technique, system experience, etc. I would think every kid would want to do it since it does not use any actual eligibility. But I guess I am old school. :)

We currently have Todd Peat Jr. ranked #104 overall.

N2FL: At what age did you start playing football?

T.P.: When I was 14, a freshman in high school.

N2FL: What was your favorite college team growing up?

T.P.: Probably ASU. My grandparents are alumni there and always took me to the games growing up.

N2FL: Have a favorite NFL Team?

T.P.: Oakland Raiders. They pay my bills. :)

N2FL: Which is better, the NFL or college?

T.P.: They're both great. The NFL is a league of the best of the best of the best, but the college kids sometimes seem more passionate. If I really had to choose, I'd say college.

N2FL: Do you try and emulate any specific player?

T.P.: I watch a lot of Reggie White film. In my opinion, he's the best to ever do it. I also watch Darnell Docket, Jay Ratliff, Haloti Ngata and Gerald McCoy. They're all great, athletic players.

N2FL: Any particular reason for the jersey number?

T.P.: I wore #77 my freshman and sophomore year, and was planning on wearing #72 my junior year, but a teammate I really respected who graduated asked me to wear his number 55 jersey and I did it for him.

N2FL: What do you think of the current BCS system? Would you prefer a playoff?

T.P.: I don't know if there should be a playoff, but I think the system needs to be redone.

N2FL: When and who was your first scholarship offer?

T.P.: May 20, 2009- my dad's birthday. ASU. My sophomore year. My dad said it was the best birthday present he ever got.

N2FL: How many scholarship offers do you currently have?

T.P.: 13

N2FL: Is there a school that hasn't offered you that you would like to see do so?

T.P.: No, I think anyone who really wants me has already offered me, or is going to in the near future. I'm buying, not selling, for lack of a better phrase.

N2FL: What are some of the considerations you have when deciding between schools?

T.P.: Playing time is #1, I want to play for 4 years. I also need to feel like its a family environment. That's very important being around people who you like and treat you right.

N2FL: Who are the schools currently on your list for consideration? Any leaders?

T.P.: Stanford is the leader followed closely by ASU. I'm considering all schools that have offered though.

N2FL: Have you attended any schools Spring Game?

T.P.: ASU

N2FL: Who is currently recruiting you the hardest?

T.P.: Stanford, Arizona and ASU. Wake Forest and Alabama have also stepped it up.

N2FL: Have you thought about who you might want to "officially visit"?

T.P.: Not sure yet.

N2FL: What positions are you being recruited to play?

T.P.: DT

N2FL: What do you feel are some of your playing strengths?

T.P.: I'm very explosive, have good hands and a good nose for the ball.

N2FL: What are some things you would like to work on between now and college?

T.P.: Getting bigger, stronger and faster.

N2FL: How would you feel about Redshirting?

T.P.: I don't want to redshirt. I think I am physically read to play in college right now.

N2FL: What is the most annoying aspect of the recruiting process?

T.P.: It just becomes overwhelming after a while. Everyone wants a piece of your time. They want you to go here and there and look at this and that and at a point it becomes just way too many people pulling at you in every different direction. Questionnaires suck too. LoL.

N2FL: Do you have a major in mind?

T.P.: Either communications or journalism.

N2FL: What are your goals for your senior season?

T.P.: To stay healthy. When I'm on the field I feel I'm capable of anything.

N2FL: What will you miss the most about high school?

T.P.: I'm going to miss all of my friends, and also being 'Mr. Popular'.

N2FL: Do you have a time frame as to when you would like to commit?

T.P.: After I take my visits.

N2FL: In addition to "National Letter of Intent Day' in February, should there be an early signing period like college basketball? Perhaps in August or November?

T.P.: I think it's fine how it is.

N2FL: Have you communicated with any prospective recruits about attending the same school?

T.P.: I used to talk to Christian Westerman about playing at the same school, but now that he's committed to Texas, it doesn't look like its going to work out. I've also talked about it with my younger brother Andrus of course.

N2FL: Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

T.P.: My father. He's been the greatest role model and guide anyone can ever have. He's been to the places that I want to go to and he knows how to get there.

This is virgin speak of the college world. He wants to come in because he believes he is physically ready to play. He believes this due to the competition he is up against. I think it would really start to change a bit if he actually took some visits and see how Div I players really get down. He mentioned some great lineman that he admires (though he left out one of the greats of our time ;)). But if he truely wants to be at that level, I would think that he is smart enough to understand that neither of those guys came in and was the man straight out of high school. Maybe that's why is front runners are ASU and Standford. If playing right away is what he really wants to do. If that's his focal point, he'll have a hard time with NU as I see a lot that he can learn before he is ready to be a blackshirt. Yes he's very talented but has a lot to learn and just judging by how he does his interview, has a little more maturing to do. Maybe it's just me but he says he wants the family like atmosphere but his demeanor in the interview seems more of a "me first" type swag. What if this family decides he needs to sit and learn a little first (redshirt)?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I recall most if not all players saying how surprised they are at the speed of the college game versus high school. No matter where he goes, he will find out that all guys have size, most have speed, and they are on scholarship at the D1 level for a reason. He will have his eyes opened wide when he gets to wherever. Would love to have him if he is an impact player and fits what we've got going here.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I recall most if not all players saying how surprised they are at the speed of the college game versus high school. No matter where he goes, he will find out that all guys have size, most have speed, and they are on scholarship at the D1 level for a reason. He will have his eyes opened wide when he gets to wherever. Would love to have him if he is an impact player and fits what we've got going here.

I agree. I wouldn't mind him being N and I would want his winning attitude to change but the focus would need to be redirected. Not going to a school because you aren't starting immediately tells me that you aren't willing to work hard to receive your prize or if you are there and get the starting job, you will feel sour if a younger guy comes in after you to challenge your spot. That disrupts what we have going here IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back