• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DT Stephon Wynn Trending To Nebraska

Which still begs the question why did they shutdown the Goods visit?

Could also be they are looking at two ready to play DTs with the feeling that Goods at this point was not in that room
This staff seems to like late summer addition JuCo prospects. Almost every year - none have panned out though. Not saying Lewis won't pan out - just noting the odds haven't been good. Will Jackson in 2018, Keem Green in 2019, and Nadab Joseph in 2020.

No clue what Callahan is talking about in this article. He says we have room to take "between three and five." How? We've already signed 30 and we're able to go up to 33 (with counting one back to 2021). Is he including potential walk-on additions like Pankratz, Hohl, and Weas? Or is he suggesting blueshirting? Guess we'll see. He's right that we still need some additional departures before adding anyone else though.

This staff seems to like late summer addition JuCo prospects. Almost every year - none have panned out though. Not saying Lewis won't pan out - just noting the odds haven't been good. Will Jackson in 2018, Keem Green in 2019, and Nadab Joseph in 2020.

Yeah of late we have not faired well in the respect

No clue what Callahan is talking about in this article. He says we have room to take "between three and five." How? We've already signed 30 and we're able to go up to 33 (with counting one back to 2021). Is he including potential walk-on additions like Pankratz, Hohl, and Weas? Or is he suggesting blueshirting? Guess we'll see. He's right that we still need some additional departures before adding anyone else though.

Yeah the 3 to 5 more had me scratching my head

Yup the 32/33 if we can back count is the limit

What he is suggesting is vague and not backed with any facts

Which still begs the question why did they shutdown the Goods visit?

Could also be they are looking at two ready to play DTs with the feeling that Goods at this point was not in that room
Do you have a link or inside knowledge to this or are you just assuming we shut down the visit? I can appreciate being a homer but try to live in reality. It really is possible that the kid just didn’t have any interest in furthering his relationship with Nebraska. It happens and it’s not an indictment on the team or the head coach.

This seems like strange timing if NU shut down Goods’ visit because they felt good about Wynn. Unless they want two and think this JUCO is better than Goods, it suggests they don’t feel good about Wynn.
The only place I’ve seen where Nebraska shut down the visit was on this forum by a couple posters that provided no evidence of such.

Question could we blue shirt a guy out of the portal? As they are recruited players and as I recall a blue shirt has to be an "unrecruitec" player on campus

Question could we blue shirt a guy out of the portal? As they are recruited players and as I recall a blue shirt has to be an "unrecruitec" player on campus
I think so. No official visit - they’d have to pay their own way for a visit. Not many would be cool with that though. No home visits from the head coach. I have no clue if that’s even been brought up - just trying to piece together Callahan’s math.

Vokolek was a blueshirt.

I think so. No official visit - they’d have to pay their own way for a visit. Not many would be cool with that though. No home visits from the head coach. I have no clue if that’s even been brought up - just trying to piece together Callahan’s math.

Vokolek was a blueshirt.

Understand and makes sense

Vokolek was a blueshirt.

Based on this article it sounds like we will only take one DT so it may become a first come first served type of situation

Going to be interesting

Our history in the recent past with JUCO DTs as not been the best

Last edited:
Based on this article it sounds like we will only take one DT so it may become a first come first served type of situation

Going to be interesting

Our history in the recent past with JUCO DTs as not been the best

Hard to know, but the timing of this offer sure is interesting, with Wynn coming in this weekend. Either way, it seems we are still determined to get at least one more DT. Comparing the two, it seems to me that Wynn is the plug and play guy moreso than Lewis.

Hard to know, but the timing of this offer sure is interesting, with Wynn coming in this weekend. Either way, it seems we are still determined to get at least one more DT. Comparing the two, it seems to me that Wynn is the plug and play guy moreso than Lewis.

Yes it is

Also based on the article we are taking only one DT too

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back