• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Drew Christo is N (2021 from Elkhorn)

Much better chance of him turning down MLB than most. Monte and family gonna place a premium on education.

Man, you can get a college degree anytime. A chance to get the express lane through the minors as a bonus baby is an opportunity I would be hard pressed to not pass up.

Man, you can get a college degree anytime. A chance to get the express lane through the minors as a bonus baby is an opportunity I would be hard pressed to not pass up.
When Dad has a MD behind his name and a good head on his shoulders, that path needs to be pretty wide.

His draft position will give a pretty fair indication of whether he intends to turn pro or not. Major league teams don't waste high draft picks on players they think will end up in college.

His bonus demands increased, dramatically, once legit feedback was shared. Drew is a great kid, from a great family with an unreal work ethic and I'm hopeful he'll have a record setting career at Nebraska but his stock continued to drop.

Outside of him, folks need to slow down expectations of the 2021 class. It's solid, but not near as good as people think.

Last edited:
Any way too early predictions on starting pitching next year? Shay and Perry are two likely starters. Does Christo project to a weekend starter or midweek? Emmitt going to move to starter? Is Gomes rehabbing well?

Any way too early predictions on starting pitching next year? Shay and Perry are two likely starters. Does Christo project to a weekend starter or midweek? Emmitt going to move to starter? Is Gomes rehabbing well?

I'll take a quick stab, projected as of today...

Friday - Perry
Saturday - Christo
Sunday - Bradford (or a transfer)

I don't think Shay will be here for 2022. He's getting married this fall, his future FIL is gravely ill and I believe he wants to get on to the next chapter of his life. If he does return, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves back to the bullpen. I'm a big Shay Schanaman (+ family) fan, and feel he's more effective in the pen instead of starting. He can impact 2 weekend games plus midweek in relief (8th or close) compared to impacting 1 game on the weekend. And I believe that's what he'll do at the next level as well.

I don't see Emmitt making the transition to the weekend in 2022. Possibly in 2023, but not before. He's still learning how to pitch.

Gomes is an unknown right now.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back