• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dr. Rob Zatechka

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3570

In my opinion, Dr. Rob is one of, if not the smartest guys to ever play at Nebraska. The link on the home page needs to be clicked by everyone on this board and listened to.

I don't think most Husker fans realize or comprehend how bad of shape this program as a whole was in at the end of the Riley era. Every time I hear people talk about how nice of a guy Mike Riley was, I cringe. The man is/was a complete fraud as a football coach. He had to be a nice guy because that was all he had going for him, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :mad:

Click the link. Read it. Listen to it. Then calm down and have some patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

In my opinion, Dr. Rob is one of, if not the smartest guys to ever play at Nebraska. The link on the home page needs to be clicked by everyone on this board and listened to.

I don't think most Husker fans realize or comprehend how bad of shape this program as a whole was in at the end of the Riley era. Every time I hear people talk about how nice of a guy Mike Riley was, I cringe. The man is/was a complete fraud as a football coach. He had to be a nice guy because that was all he had going for him, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :mad:

Something that I struggle with is how 3 years of "oh well, you're OK" has led to such a toxic culture that is still present today. I guess, once you're allowed to get away with slacking, it's that much harder to put in the extra effort that's needed.

Something that I struggle with is how 3 years of "oh well, you're OK" has led to such a toxic culture that is still present today. I guess, once you're allowed to get away with slacking, it's that much harder to put in the extra effort that's needed.
Ultimately that's where I'm at on this team. We have not completely flushed the bad culture. The team's effort this past weekend is an example of just that

Does anyone else get the irony here about saying how bad things were/are here and trying to win with those same kids? I know how things are meant but if I am a player here I might take a bit of offense with some of the things. Little talent no depth. Sorry my rant isn't about Dr. Rob just comments in general.

Can someone summarize his thoughts? I'll try and listen later but hoping for a summary.

Can someone summarize his thoughts? I'll try and listen later but hoping for a summary.

He is just saying we basically have no depth at a lot of places. He is saying it will take a lot of time.

We don't have a true outside WR or a true every down back. We have slot receivers. We are trying to run the ball with 3rd down backs. Washington and Robinson are 3rd down backs. Which I completely agree with. I have already said a, couple of times since Saturday, every team we play has a RB that is 6' tall and is 215 and knows how to run zone read. Minnesota had 3 backs that looked like that. Wisconsin has 3 backs that look like that. Iowa has a couple. OSU has several. He said we don't run zone plays very well and basically most B1G teams do it fairly well. Last year we had 1 back, Ozigbo, that looked like that and ran the zone plays wells.

Defensively we have no depth at LB and it is showing.

He just believes it will take time. He thinks it will take 3-4 in the weight room to really compete he thinks they are stronger but still need more. Still behind somewhat from playing in the Big 12. Had a defense built to stop Big 12 offenses.

Dr. Rob provides some much-needed perspective and insight. Thanks for sharing, RSR!

Agreed. It doesn’t make sense to me that with almost all of the Riley players gone - the remainder which have arguably bought in - and after complete turnover in coaching staff, that this culture still exists. I guess it’s not as simple to root it out as I thought it would be.

Blame Riley ... Check
Takes time.... Check
Frost needs his own guys... check
Weather.... check
No passion... check
No discipline... check
7 weeks without a bye week... check

any excuses i left out?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back