• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dont let them beat yoh twice.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
My biggest concern this week is not how well MSU has been playing. (They have) It is that the team put so much into the OU game that we may not have enough to get up that high again. Kit happens all the time in CFB.

These are the kind of games we need to improve. I don’t want a cupcake at 11am. Prime time. Bring it. Things are starting to click with these guys. MSU won’t be any tougher than Norman. I am more excited for this game than I was last week for sure. We can beat these guys.

I think this is the game that'll really be a tell all as to where we are. Was Illinois a fluke (losing to a crappy team), or was Oklahoma a fluke (hanging tough with a highly rated team)? I see Michigan St. and the Huskers as being on a fairly even playing field. We should have an edge in coaching, just based on how long the staffs have been with each team. Frost had the team (arguably, I suppose) ready to play last Saturday. If he duplicates that and can PLEASE cut down on self-inflicted wounds, the Huskers should come out with a win.

As Oregon OC Frost directed a 4-down mentality anywhere past their own 40. Our defense and unfortunately our kicking have driven us towards implementing this, and it should be our only philosophy change this week.

We have a few coaches on this staff that are not worth a kit and should be replaced at the end of the year, or sooner..

I think this is the game that'll really be a tell all as to where we are. Was Illinois a fluke (losing to a crappy team), or was Oklahoma a fluke (hanging tough with a highly rated team)? I see Michigan St. and the Huskers as being on a fairly even playing field. We should have an edge in coaching, just based on how long the staffs have been with each team. Frost had the team (arguably, I suppose) ready to play last Saturday. If he duplicates that and can PLEASE cut down on self-inflicted wounds, the Huskers should come out with a win.

The thing that has me most worried is Mel Tucker completely outcoached Frost in his 1 year at Colorado a game we led 17-0 a half and very similar to this year’s Illinois game, lost 34-31…has Frost learned how to overcome this deficiency…I hope.

The thing that has me most worried is Mel Tucker completely outcoached Frost in his 1 year at Colorado a game we led 17-0 a half and very similar to this year’s Illinois game, lost 34-31…has Frost learned how to overcome this deficiency…I hope.
That 2019 team may have been Frost's most undisciplined to date. We gave up a 96-yard flea flicker out of the end zone. Frost knows what Tucker likes to do now, and I think with the defense playing the way it is, and that Martinez has his step back (unlike 2019), we should be able to squeak out a win.

My biggest concern this week is not how well MSU has been playing. (They have) It is that the team put so much into the OU game that we may not have enough to get up that high again. Kit happens all the time in CFB.
Dr. Tom deliberately coached against "getting Up" for games because it led to too variable an outcome.

He felt that teams should be neither too high nor too low week in and out, but should focus on the process and uniformity of effort.

One can argue that "getting too up" for a game" increases the chances for pre-snap penalties due to emotion outweighing execution.

GBR

Dr. Tom deliberately coached against "getting Up" for games because it led to too variable an outcome.

He felt that teams should be neither too high nor too low week in and out, but should focus on the process and uniformity of effort.

One can argue that "getting too up" for a game" increases the chances for pre-snap penalties due to emotion outweighing execution.

GBR
Say what you want but no amount of coaching is going to prevent kids from being more amped up to play Ohio State and Oklahoma than Buffalo. It's just the way it is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back