• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Donovan Raiola To Be Retained As OL Coach

Maybe Donovan is a good Oline coach and, if you can’t do significantly better, maybe it gives you an edge to rerecruit Dylan.

Although I'm skeptical about Donovan being an good OL coach, I definitely think that Rhule is keeping him because he thinks Donovan will do a good job. The post I was responding to seemed to imply that Rhule is keeping Donovan, regardless of his evaluation of Donovan's coaching ability, because it might land him Dylan. That's what I don't buy.

Whipples scheme and playcalling didn't do Raiola any favors.
I've wondered if this might have been part of the conversation - or interview - between Rhule and Raiola.

Not that DR would bury Whipple's plan in said interview, can't imagine that would demonstrate the character Rhule is likely looking for.

But there certainly would have been some self-reflection from the season, along with tangible examples how he would develop the OL going forward that may have led MR to believe Raiola could do exactly what he wanted with Satterfield leading the offense.

Or I could be completely wrong.

Side Projects, Revisions, Gifs, and Recovery — Katherine Locke

C

Better have a whole slew of new tackles from someplace next year to go with keeping Raiola. Maybe TP comes back and is healthy, but Benhart cannot be a starter next year. That room needs a near complete overhaul.

Hope Rhule knows what he's doing. If the line sucks again next year and the offense can't get a run game going or pass block . . . it's going to get ugly fast.
I don't expect miracles in year one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back