• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Domann embracing role as the "cinco"

I’m sure they are building options there, and they need to since JoJo has not been healthy for a full season yet. He’s just the one in the news right now.

Agree, there are more than a few guys on the roster that look to have the physical characteristics of something in between a LB and Safety, not to mention that we've recruited some BIG defensive backs who may out grow the safety position as well. I think we need this type of player going forward, so good to see them thinking ahead. It will be interesting to see if they show it on the depth chart and who plays behind Domann.

From the Huskers.com link...
Ohio State led Nebraska 16-7 in the second quarter and had the ball in Husker territory. Coaches positioned the Blackshirts in a disguised blitz and Domann, in his first career start, at outside linebacker, had to wait before pursuing quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

“Once the snap came, they slid the protection to the boundary,” Domann said, “and I’m (scot)-free, and I’m like, ‘Don’t throw it, don’t throw it, don’t throw it, don’t throw it.’ And the closer I get I’m like, ‘Oh my God, he’s not throwing it. Oh my God, he’s not throwing it Oh my God, he’s not throwing it.

“Boom!”

Boom is right. Domann leveled the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Haskins and stripped the football in the process.

“I climbed the ladder a little bit,” Domann said. “He’s definitely taller than me.”

Teammate Carlos Davis recovered the fumble that Domann forced, and Nebraska responded with a 64-yard touchdown drive to pull within 16-14.

Nebraska lost, 36-31, but Domann, who also had a pass breakup, collected a career-high seven tackles. And he made a name for himself.

“I think it was (that) game,” Domann said Wednesday, “when they were like, ‘All right, this man is going to make plays when his number’s called.’ ”

I propose we go German and call it Der Fünf.
Nein! Nein! Nein! First, a German "f" has too much sibilance, and it's impossible to feel manly while making that sound twice in the same syllable. You can probably do a passable impression of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets, but that's not going to strike terror into the hearts of our enemies. Second, that's an umlaut on the "u." I ain't got no name for no stinkin' umlaut when I'm drawing up plays!

It's back to the drawing board with you, and no more kerfuffles!

Last edited:
Do they just glue the grains together? Might as well eat from a feedbag of oats.
Eating pumpernickel and drinking rye whiskey: proof that God blessed us with the gift of rye. If you want to talk about oats, the conversation should start and stop with Guinness.
61WYMLrenkL._SL1001_.jpg

I don't see a problem with Cinco as he's basically a 5th DB/Safety in that package. Or I guess a 4th backer. But quatro sounds terrible.

I don't see a problem with Cinco as he's basically a 5th DB/Safety in that package. Or I guess a 4th backer. But quatro sounds terrible.

I think they will use him everywhere situationally. I’d like to see him at linebacker but wouldn’t mind him playing safety and coming downhill against Iowa and Wisconsin. He can cover tight ends when needed to. It will be fun to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back