• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does the rest of the season determine if frost returns?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I think so. We’ve proven we can play against highly ranked teams to the wire.

Now, how do we handle things against unranked teams that remain on our schedule? Wisconsin, Purdue, Minny are the big games for Frost at this point.

Lose more games against unranked teams, I dunno about next year. Illinois is really looming large right now.

Last edited:

Frost definitely gets another year now. I’ve been super vocal in wanting a change, but it’s impossible to miss the progress that’s been made (and hopefully continues).
I tend to agree. But if we pull any more Illinois, questionable. Let’s see if we can take care of business against much lessor teams than Michigan and OU.

If he makes a bowl game I think he gets to stay (although I think I would urge a change). If he doesn't it seems to me he has failed in trying to make a difference, and I don't much care that we play close in our losses. Good teams, well coached teams, don't lose those close games.

C'mon - four years and keeping him because we lose close games instead of losing by big scores?

Improvement? That is the goal, not wins?
\
We deserve much better.

1633872512592.png

I wish the "Fire Frost" would just die down, it's destructive. There's clear progress since the Illinois game. I get that it's year four, and am also confused with the first three years. But we finally are at a point were we are playing with everyone and have similar talent. Let it play out and let TA worry about the next steps.

If he makes a bowl game I think he gets to stay (although I think I would urge a change). If he doesn't it seems to me he has failed in trying to make a difference, and I don't much care that we play close in our losses. Good teams, well coached teams, don't lose those close games.

C'mon - four years and keeping him because we lose close games instead of losing by big scores?

Improvement? That is the goal, not wins?
\
We deserve much better.

Why? Why do we "deserve" anything?

View attachment 71565

I wish the "Fire Frost" would just die down, it's destructive. There's clear progress since the Illinois game. I get that it's year four, and am also confused with the first three years. But we finally are at a point were we are playing with everyone and have similar talent. Let it play out and let TA worry about the next steps.
The 80s…….if TO was 3-4 he’s fired.
If you want 4 more years of this nonsense coaching, then keep doing what your doing.

I think so. We’ve proven we can play against highly ranked teams to the wire.

Now, how do we handle things against unranked teams that remain on our schedule? Wisconsin, Purdue, Minny are the big games for Frost at this point.

Lose more games against unranked teams, I dunno about next year. Illinois is really looming large right now.
A few thoughts:

1. We are clearly light years ahead of where we’ve been defensively in the last decade. Frost now fields a better defense than Pelini did at the end of his tenure. That’s pretty impressive in four years.

2. We are now strong enough physically to compete in the B1G compared to when Frost took over, so we can check the box for S&C unlike the morons on this board who kept claiming it hasn’t been effective.

3. We have the hardest schedule in the country. That isn’t the case next season.

4. Martinez might have reasons to return next year—Heisman dark horse + every broken school record might help his chances at getting drafted. They also might be able to pool some NIL packages for him.

5. I’m guessing Trev is thinking one more year regardless, but he’s probably praying Frost makes it easier on him this season. I don’t think he wants to fire Frost at all after this season.

6. One of the reasons this season has looked better is because the coaching has been clearly better. Offense hasn’t struggled much outside of Illinois. Frost has clearly changed his offensive philosophy and it’s beginning to look like he always wanted—Oregon + NU power.

7. Illinois was a bad enough loss to question everything about this staff, but most of those questions have been resolved for me.

Finally, this staff is young and inexperienced. 3.5 years ain’t much in a major conference with a lot of long-tenured major college coaches. EC has gotten better each season. I think Frost has started tweaking things in a very good direction offensively (ball control, triple option). The broken record of Nebraska football since Solich is to burn it all down. I’d like to see ya build it all up for once, and I finally think that’s going to happen with Frost and Trev. It might be another year without the W/L to prove it, but it would be idiotic, IMO, to burn it down before next season given it’ll probably be a lock for a bowl game.

I just hope we beat who we’re favored to beat from here out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back