• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters

With a couple of days to digest Saturday's disappointing result, I think this goes one of two ways:-
  • 4-8 or better and Frost is back. Trev does not want to fire Frost less than 6 months into his tenure. He wants to give him every opportunity to succeed on Trev's watch. That's crystal clear from his recent remarks to the media.
  • Lose out and the decision is no longer Trev's to make. 3-9 with one P5/conference win in year 4 and the decision is forced on him.
If it's the former, it will not be status quo in 2022. Big staff changes are coming, whether it's technically mandated or not. And if he's back with 3 or 4 new staff members, he's getting a minimum of 2 more years. It'll be considered a rebuild of the rebuild.

Also, this is not what I think should happen but what I think will happen.

We simply have to ask ourselves one question if HCSF was not an all American player on our national championship football team or given that he was we need to take that and his Nebraska route out of the equation in deciding to terminate his contract or not that should have nothing to do with it I am nostalgic for Nebraska all things Nebraska but I’m not nostalgic for anyone coach or player alone

With a couple of days to digest Saturday's disappointing result, I think this goes one of two ways:-
  • 4-8 or better and Frost is back. Trev does not want to fire Frost less than 6 months into his tenure. He wants to give him every opportunity to succeed on Trev's watch. That's crystal clear from his recent remarks to the media.
  • Lose out and the decision is no longer Trev's to make. 3-9 with one P5/conference win in year 4 and the decision is forced on him.
If it's the former, it will not be status quo in 2022. Big staff changes are coming, whether it's technically mandated or not. And if he's back with 3 or 4 new staff members, he's getting a minimum of 2 more years. It'll be considered a rebuild of the rebuild.

Also, this is not what I think should happen but what I think will happen.
I don't think 4-8 leaves TA any choice either. 5-7 is a choice and he probably keeps him. I'm honestly pulling for 6-6 or 3-9 at this point. I want the decision to be "easy" either way and help recruiting.

I don't think 4-8 leaves TA any choice either. 5-7 is a choice and he probably keeps him. I'm honestly pulling for 6-6 or 3-9 at this point. I want the decision to be "easy" either way and help recruiting.

I feel like there are enough regular fans and influential voices (boosters, admins, former players/coaches) who would rather lose with Frost than gamble on a new coach, that he's safe barring what would be an 0-6 finish.

After listening to the local media make the radio/podcast rounds, I'm now 100% convinced Frost is back even if he loses out. The plan is to flush half the coaching staff and do a rebuild of the rebuild. Might as well settle in, Frost 2.0 is a multi-year project.

GET TICKETS

Back