• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Doc!

I think Sip is wrong about this, it is a small detail. Doc is really good with the Xs and Os, and he really likes the ‘coach to player’ part of the business. He’s not big on egos, he’d get a fair salary, likely equal to what he’d earn as HC in available positions. He’d get to focus on areas he prefers, and not need to deal with the pressures of staffing, budgeting, etc.

I doubt Doc sees this as a step down as Sip seems to be alluding.

I think Sip is wrong about this, it is a small detail. Doc is really good with the Xs and Os, and he really likes the ‘coach to player’ part of the business. He’s not big on egos, he’d get a fair salary, likely equal to what he’d earn as HC in available positions. He’d get to focus on areas he prefers, and not need to deal with the pressures of staffing, budgeting, etc.

It is a step down and that might be what Doc wants. I never thought he looked very comfortable with the stress of being a head coach.

Agree...coming back to a place you love with less pressure is always a good thing. He could always go back to West Texas.

It is a step down and that might be what Doc wants. I never thought he looked very comfortable with the stress of being a head coach.
Not nitpicking, but if I take a position as LB coach at Nebraska, but I was a DC at New Mexico State, is that a step down?

Not nitpicking, but if I take a position as LB coach at Nebraska, but I was a DC at New Mexico State, is that a step down?
Understand what you are saying. I think it is a step down in responsibility, and in prestige. I think Doc will do fine as long as Hoiberg or Moos doesn't make him wear a suit.

Understand what you are saying. I think it is a step down in responsibility, and in prestige. I think Doc will do fine as long as Hoiberg or Moos doesn't make him wear a suit.
Dude, I’m just having fun, I know what you mean, and it’s valid. I just don’t think it matters to Doc. He’s going to get as much attention in Lincoln as an assistant, as he probably did at SMU as HC...and probably make more money too. If he does the job Fred needs him to do, he’ll clear over $350k for the next 7 years. Not too shabby.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back