• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Doc!

Doc is popular enough that he can have his own radio show in Lincoln right away if he wants it, talk about sports in general and basketball. Hell, he could probably do "color" for the football team radio. He's the one who started the trend of attending your own firing press conference. Who does that and gets applause? Doc Sadler, ladies and gentlemen.

I always felt that press conference epitomized Doc’s character. I LOVED the idea of him returning when I first heard about it, but honestly didn’t believe he’d return to be an AC to the same place where he was fired as HC. Guess he’s an even better man than I realized.

Welcome back, Doc! I’m so excited to have you here.

I swear, it's one of those things where, you seriously want a guy to succeed. Doc Sadlers' that guy. It's kind of strange, but if he's all for it, I'm on board with it. :thumbsup:
Agree 100%... I remember the pain in Doc's voice when he was let go at Nebraska. He wanted so badly to be the guy that turned Nebraska basketball around. I'm glad he has a chance to come back and make things right, albeit as an assistant.

Last edited:

The fact that Coach H is willing to surround himself with ACs with this much experience is exciting. I would bet there will be very little turnover on this staff in the future. For a coach to step down after a 20 win season and become an AC it can only mean he wants to be part of something big. He won't be in the limelight but will be doing what he loves. At this point, money is probably not an issue, enjoying what he is doing, probably is. I am really excited about all of the coaches and what the future holds for Nebrasketball!

Have to say it that I admire Doc for ‘stepping back’ and doing something that he is both good at and enjoys (coaching b-ball defense) and at a place he is particularly fond of ... hope he finds both satisfaction & personal gratification with this next chapter N.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back