• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Doane vs Nebraska (wednesday 3-30 1:35pm)

Yes, it represents a solid win. It was not a thrashing, but they never really were much of a threat to score until our pitchers couldn't find the plate. We left a few runs on the field, but that has been a problem all year long, Too many LOB.

Very true. That pretty much sums up the Huskers so far this year.

Yep. Pretty good Omaha kid at that. Watched him play his High School ball at Mount Michael. My son played with him his Sophomore year (Tim's Senior year). Just had to plug the Knights here. Jamrog's son is a Freshman at the Mount. OK. I'm done now.

Sorry - did not include the quote. Here it is:

"new pitcher for Doane, Tim Carlson on to pitch, Omaha kid"

Last edited:
We are a former powerhouse from a few years ago, we should expect more. IMO

I would have been happy with 8 or more runs.

Merle, I guess you don't have the same expectations for baseball that you do for basketball, which is kind of sad because just a few years ago we were in the CWS.

The key here is, we are a "former" powerhouse. It is what it is (or ain't!!) 6 runs, 8 runs, 10 runs? If you win by 5, and you have a so-so day at the plate, overall, 6-1 is fine. As said by Doc, we were never threatened. The pitching is fine, the hitting is still spotty. It is what it is. ;) Can't live in the past. Management, or whatever, we are not the same, and that, I agree, is sad.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back