• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Do you have unique Husker "Stuff"?

Thanks Huskerthom. This is the first time I have seen the
Mercari--the style I have--for sale directly or on email. I will be ready for the first game, wear it in Boulder, and later in Lincoln for at least one game (and for the other games on tv). This is the epitome of husker stuff in my mind.
Not a problem my friend. I help when I can. :thumbsup:

Thanks Huskerthom. This is the first time I have seen the
Mercari--the style I have--for sale directly or on email. I will be ready for the first game, wear it in Boulder, and later in Lincoln for at least one game (and for the other games on tv). This is the epitome of husker stuff in my mind.
I showed my wife; she said, "Uh, no."
Then she saw the price, and she said, "Oh, hell, no!"

My wife let me spend $300 for a ticket for the CU game. Your wife needs to step up her game
I'd like to see you tell her that. I'm afraid to suggest it.

Did I mention that she has a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do? She has film of part of the process of earning her 2nd degree black belt, which involved her kicking the ever-living spit out of 2 guys at the same time who had 1st degree black belts. Don't give Momma no grief.

Last edited:

My favorite items are pieces of goal posts from both the '91 OU and '94 CU games. Great time parading the posts around Lincoln until we found folks who cut them up into pieces. The '94 game was awesome, paraded it past Corso and the Gameday crew with the crowd chanting F*** Lee Corso in response to his prediction of a CU win. The '91 game was miserable in the freezing rain, goalposts were covered with ice and I remember sliding off into the mass of humanity but survived :) I was sick as a dog the next week back at the Air Force Academy after Thanksgiving break.

I sure hope we destroy those thugs from CU. I was at the '91 game when we were getting pelted with snowballs, cups of beer (and piss bombs in certain parts of Folsom Field). They acted like they won the Super Bowl after the missed field goal as snowballs bounced around the holder.

Last edited:
She more than likely would ask you to make a choice between fly fishing gear and a Nebraska Hawaiian shirt.

It's really a win either way, right?
I can't even joke about buying any more fly fishing gear at this point. I've been picking up things here and there for my kids, and she inspects my purchases as though I'm acquiring WMD.

The Hawaiian part of the shirt is the deal breaker. We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and I insisted on getting one of those gawdy purple, green, and white Jamaican versions of a dashiki. She's been trying to get rid of it for 11 years ever since. I don't help my cause. Any time we're going somewhere, and I ask what I should wear, if she says, "Wear whatever," I go and grab it and pretend that I plan to wear it out. She's never impressed, but I always think that it's hilarious.

I have like 10 of these, they are pretty unique.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back