• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Do you guys recognize the AP National Champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBallGuy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Do you guys recognize the AP National Champion? Or is the BCS Champion the only real champion?

In other words if OSU wins the AP or if LSU wins the AP after losing to Alabama would you consider we have a split national champion or ignore the AP?

I ask because we havent had that happen since 2002 which was before the AP poll was dropped from the BCS formula.

I don't see why a school wouldn't claim an AP championship. Just because it doesn't factor into who plays in the BCS doesn't mean it should be ignored. For decades the AP poll factored very little into which teams played in which bowl games, and people still recognized an AP championship if they finished #1.

Only if its NU.

Do you guys recognize the AP National Champion? Or is the BCS Champion the only real champion?

In other words if OSU wins the AP or if LSU wins the AP after losing to Alabama would you consider we have a split national champion or ignore the AP?

I ask because we havent had that happen since 2002 which was before the AP poll was dropped from the BCS formula.

It has allready been said that LSU will be the AP champ no matter what happens in january, unless Bama blows them out in the BS...er...BCS Champ game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back