• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Do we now own the Black Helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
College Football ESPN yesterday listed Nebraska,, USC and ND as uni's not to be changed!
Adidas own's the unimaginative shinny black helmet!
It's like going to Home Depot for design help!
Fire Adidas for lack of effort!

I agree with ESPN, but uni changes for one game a year, no matter which program, are harmless. In fact, in today's recruiting and marketing climate, you could argue a school is dumb not to have an alternate uni once a year.

You really think it matters who owns them. If the Huskers say I want X Color helmets for this game the would get them.

In the Danny Nee era of Husker Basketball, the team broke out in all black uniforms for few games (early 90's) I thought it was awesome and only for a few games.

I agree with ESPN, but uni changes for one game a year, no matter which program, are harmless. In fact, in today's recruiting and marketing climate, you could argue a school is dumb not to have an alternate uni once a year.
I agree. I like them and hope we vary the theme. I can assure you the players love them.
The large black "N" is cool!

I am an old fart, but I do like some new ideas for unis. What I don't like is the big push for black. Black and red makes us look like poor imitations of Texas Tech. I don't understand why there can't be creative ideas using red and white, or crimson and cream for that matter. I don't want to look like Texas Tech!!!

I also think adding black in denegrates the specialty of the black shirts. It's a defense thing, and should be focused on that.

Can we just junk the white helmets with the red N altogether? They're so old school. What recruit would want to play for a school with tradition?

God forgive them! God SAVE us! God, do SOMETHING to rid of us of this cancerous infliction. I will have to be switching to radio only when we are displaying these abominable, nightmarish intrusions on and trampling of tradition. I will, of course, have to make sure I do not attend any game where the display of these obnoxious, insidious attacks on our sensibilities will be present.

Last edited:
Give me your tickets then.

As I posted in the other thread, the PLAYERS like them amd that's all that matters to me. I'm not the one actually taking snaps, so I can armchair it up and watch the new uniforms in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back