• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Do we have to wait before a coach is hired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkman1

Husker Immortal Love Tool
15 Year Member
Is that legal thingy involved where you have to list a job opening for awhile , even if you already know who you are going to hire?:wow:

Where do you go to see if the offer has been posted to the public?

I thought I had read somewhere that they must leave the Job "open" for a certain period of time before they can make an official hire...but I could be wrong

Yes, the EOE laws require the job to be posted and vetted....takes 2 weeks at least.

Being an institution of higher learning, I imagine they do have to at least pretend to do a national search...nothing listed on their website yet. Still, better than being a professor, where the "deadline" for an application means the committee starts to meet a week or two after that date, then interviews a month or so later, then someone is hired two or three months later...athletics is the only place in academia where things move at the actual speed of life.

Being an institution of higher learning, I imagine they do have to at least pretend to do a national search...nothing listed on their website yet. Still, better than being a professor, where the "deadline" for an application means the committee starts to meet a week or two after that date, then interviews a month or so later, then someone is hired two or three months later...athletics is the only place in academia where things move at the actual speed of life.

yeppers.

WHY DON'T YOU PISS OFF?

Why don't you actually try to find out what you are talking about before posting things as fact? No need to get bent out of shape. I'm just trying to make sure people aren't misled by your false information.

Last edited:

Why don't you actually try to find out what you are talking about before posting things as fact? No need to get bent out of shape.

This I know...I worked in this area of employment/human resources.

Last edited:

This I know...I worked in this area of employment/human resources.

For the state? Or were these rules related solely to the company you worked for? I'll let you back your way out of this one if you'd like. Or I can just post the link that clearly shows you are wrong.

Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back