• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Do the kids need to learn the transfer portal?

NorthwoodHusker

Husker Fan
2 Year Member
Currently,its a pandoras box in a pandemic. The new kid on the block, untried, and untested til now.
How this is all going to play out for the currently over 1100+ players is yet to be seen.

My bet is, many a school doesnt have the capability or capacity for kids to reach their best destinations, for them, as a player and a student.
So, as usual, going to school and staying in school is a learning process, and this time, will be costlier than most other times.

The transfer portal makes a way of escape for players who can’t man up! Accountability needs to count for something! I’m concerned there’s turmoil in the program between Frost and the players.

The transfer portal makes a way of escape for players who can’t man up! Accountability needs to count for something! I’m concerned there’s turmoil in the program between Frost and the players.
Same or worse at Northwestern

All Im saying here is,to use the transfer portal as a guide to whats going on in Lincoln, when yesterday things were going to be tough, but doable, tothis,dont see the dots connecting here.

Besides, my OP was about how much the kids will learn from the guys today doing things en masse, that tomorrows kids can learn from.

Last edited:

Currently,its a pandoras box in a pandemic. The new kid on the block, untried, and untested til now.
How this is all going to play out for the currently over 1100+ players is yet to be seen.

My bet is, many a school doesnt have the capability or capacity for kids to reach their best destinations, for them, as a player and a student.
So, as usual, going to school and staying in school is a learning process, and this time, will be costlier than most other times.
We don't have a transfer portal problem. We have a Nebraska problem. The sooner we understand that and correct it, the easier it will be for us. Adapt or die.
Money Ball Adapt Or Die GIF - MoneyBall AdaptOrDie BradPitt - Discover &  Share GIFs

We don't have a transfer portal problem. We have a Nebraska problem. The sooner we understand that and correct it, the easier it will be for us. Adapt or die.
Money Ball Adapt Or Die GIF - MoneyBall AdaptOrDie BradPitt - Discover &  Share GIFs
Not the point of this thread.
However, I did ask you how well defined this is between the two in your thread.
Conflating what ever school is going through with other problems, which may or may not play into kids transferring is a relative thought.
While it effects all schools, our numbers dont look much different than others.

But to more directly answer you, there are problems, separate ones that can create high transfer numbers, and need to be fixed, but so far, we arent way out of the norm.

When you have inside contacts and friends that that use to play at Nebraska back in 90’s and they Mentioned the same thing to you, there’s validity to it. They are questioning Frost offensive staff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back