• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Do our Husker transfers produce at their new school?

Ronznotes

Recruit
5 Year Member
Would love to have someone do the digging and see what we really lost to the transfer portal. Real contributors at their new school. Guys getting to demonstrate what they can "really do when they are allowed to shine"

Our transfers are not going to Alabama and earning starting jobs. Patrick O'Brien bounced around but was been unimpressive, Gebbia? Maybe a few starters out of dozens of transfers. Not a ratio that you could build a great team with.

I don't think Will Farniok is going to start at a power 5, Warner? Great leader, but isn't transferring to Ohio State. Luke is a delusional 'QB' that will transfer to someone that will lie to him about getting a shot at the QB job and then switch positions. Kinda like Crouch in the NFL - saw himself as a QB but wasn't

This is not the end of the world -- its like guys quitting at work to go get a better job and you find out they got fired at the new job.

If this was the end of the world, we would have a long list of transfers getting drafted in the NFL. We aren't losing stars. We are losing players that didn't live up to their OWN expectations.

Last edited:

Would love to have someone do the digging and see what we really lost to the transfer portal. Real contributors at their new school. Guys getting to demonstrate what they can "really do when they are allowed to shine"

Our transfers are not going to Alabama and earning starting jobs. Patrick O'Brien bounced around but was been unimpressive, Gebbia? Maybe a few starters out of dozens of transfers. Not a ratio that you could build a great team with.

I don't think Will Farniok is going to start at a power 5, Warner? Great leader, but isn't transferring to Ohio State. Luke is a delusional 'QB' that will transfer to someone that will lie to him about getting a shot at the QB job and then switch positions. Kinda like Crouch in the NFL - saw himself as a QB but wasn't

This is not the end of the world -- its like guys quitting at work to go get a better job and you find out they got fired at the new job.

If this was the end of the world, we would have a long list of transfers getting drafted in the NFL. We aren't losing stars. We are losing players that didn't live up to their OWN expectations.
Still, not good optics for the program.

With top twenty five expectations, failing being starters on a top twentyfive team is a failure.
Hate to keep preaching this, but sometimes a understanding can happen in a

I could argue Spielman and Wan'Dale were star players in our offense. The two most productive players in the Frost era other than Martinez.

All that we lose aren't stars. But some are quality depth -- or at least depth at a position minus any experience now (i.e. QB behind AM).

Reality is, if you want to start building, you can't keep replacing the foundation. This is a team that lacks identity -- among many other things. Rapid turnover is no way to achieve consistency for a team that is just wanting to win more than it loses.

Anyhow, Gebbia looks like the starter for years to come. He's played well in his limited time in Corvallis. Greg Bell is performing quite well with San Diego State. Tyjon Lindsey had more production for OSU than any of our returning starters. All three would have provided value in Lincoln had they chosen to stay. Some of the more recent transfers out, it's too soon to say.

I could argue Spielman and Wan'Dale were star players in our offense. The two most productive players in the Frost era other than Martinez.

All that we lose aren't stars. But some are quality depth -- or at least depth at a position minus any experience now (i.e. QB behind AM).

Reality is, if you want to start building, you can't keep replacing the foundation. This is a team that lacks identity -- among many other things. Rapid turnover is no way to achieve consistency for a team that is just wanting to win more than it loses.

Anyhow, Gebbia looks like the starter for years to come. He's played well in his limited time in Corvallis. Greg Bell is performing quite well with San Diego State. Tyjon Lindsey had more production for OSU than any of our returning starters. All three would have provided value in Lincoln had they chosen to stay. Some of the more recent transfers out, it's too soon to say.
Greg Bell had his shot and crapped the bed in the B1G. And interesting you use a huge reach to try and create Lindsey as successful; 11 catches for 159, and maybe 100 yards rushing...wow...huge. Gebbia saw a couple of reasons to leave; an offense he wasn’t recruited for, and an incoming freshman he couldn’t beat out. Now hindsight says he might have been wise to stick out the year, because he would have started several games, and who knows if we started winning, but he chose what he felt was an easier and better path for himself.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back