• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DL R.J. Sorensen Decommits

If it had to be one of our four 2021 commits, I'm glad it was Sorensen. Nothing against the kid, but I like the other three recruits much better.

I would guess that super-early commitments from kids with no connection to the program who live > 1.000 miles from Lincoln rarely hold up. Fortunately, Smothers last year was an exception.

Well, you could live in Waverly and be more than 1.0 miles from Lincoln. ;)

I’m not entirely sure I’d say “no surprise.” We liked him, told him he’d get an offer if he visited to see how serious he was, he visited so had a committable offer, then committed to us, then we had him back up for a visit after he committed.

It’s actually surprising to me with how much time we spent on him and visiting (here and in Florida) that we just stopped communication the last month.

My not a surprise was based on no visits since the Dead Period

Agree in principal

I’m not entirely sure I’d say “no surprise.” We liked him, told him he’d get an offer if he visited to see how serious he was, he visited so had a committable offer, then committed to us, then we had him back up for a visit after he committed.

It’s actually surprising to me with how much time we spent on him and visiting (here and in Florida) that we just stopped communication the last month.
Can we assume the lack of communication was intentional?

Can we assume the lack of communication was intentional?
Ya, I don't think we would just not communicate with someone. There's just a lot in the air in my opinion. Dewitt leaving and Dawson replacing him is probably a big part of it. If you offer a kid this early, it's typically someone that you don't "recruit over" before their junior year is even over.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back