• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DL Devin Drew N

Hybrid guy who can help all along the line

One to play one guy

Quite a story from a walk-on at IWCC to a scholarship player in Lincoln

A hard working kid who has beat the odds and has the perfect work ethic for this defense

Good get
These are the kids that make a difference he’s not going to be outworked or out hustled . Doesn’t know anything about 3 or 4 star treatment or expectations just be there work hard and be coachable. He’s the kind of player who just keeps getting better game after game. Easy to root for.

Hybrid guy who can help all along the line

One to play one guy

Quite a story from a walk-on at IWCC to a scholarship player in Lincoln

A hard working kid who has beat the odds and has the perfect work ethic for this defense

Good get

Any idea why he left Texas Tech?

GREAT! As long as we receive RR's approval, I'm all in with whatever he says because for me, he's the "Oracle," for all things Husker!

65464206.jpg

reposting what I said in the other thread. The 900 snaps Drew played in the last 2 years is huge for us and our rotation. Rogers never stayed healthy and wasn't always consistent enough when he was healthy. I was disappointed that he left, but Drew more than makes up for his departure

Not a flashy guy, but he's a really big pickup for us. Rogers had issues staying healthy and playing (139 last year after 243 the year before) while Drew played over 900 those 2 years.

He's also played a 3-4 system before in a P5 conference, so it's not like he's going to take a lot of coaching to get him ready to play for us.

Last point for him - Texas Tech had their front 3 do a lot of work in the run game, sucking up blockers defending gaps rather than attacking. So at a baseline he can do that, but he's a good athlete who might develop a lot with a bit more freedom in our D
His stats show around 3 tackles per game, no matter who he played against.
Steady reliable work/results.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back