• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dismuke and Stovall--c'mon man!

If you are going to play as a team you suffer as a team. One screws up all screw up. Who do you play? for...Each other and The University of Nebraska. One falls all fall

Which goes hand in hand with the training they all went through together on the "beach" not long ago....
The one where most of us got a goosebump or two about the feeling of coming together.. And the impact that selflessness has on the greater goal.

You know, TEAM.

We
_____
Me

Our individual behaviors and decisions do impact other people. Sometimes for the good, sometimes not.
Hopefully these examples over the summer continue to be learning opportunities.
If they are, great. If they aren't, that is truly sad.
GBR!!

It takes time to change the country club type of culture that this program seems to have had. It unfortunately may require some real tough coaching decisions regarding player discipline or dismissals. I will trust these coaches to do what is needed for the program. It may take 3 or 4 years to get this corner turned. Unfortunate.

Does out team have a drug problem?

I think it’s pretty obvious that some of the team members do. I once heard a drug councilor say that the definition of a drug problem is: “If drugs cause you problems then you have a drug problem.” So I would have to say yes our team has a drug problem. So if we do have a problem what should we do about it? Pick the least valuable player that has been caught and make an example out of him by kicking him off the team? That has been suggested but I can’t support that as a cure for the problem.

My suggestion would be that if you get caught or test positive once you get a warning. You get caught or test positive twice you get put into a drug addiction treatment program. You get caught or test positive a third time you get put in the transfer portal.

Thoughts?

It takes time to change the country club type of culture that this program seems to have had. It unfortunately may require some real tough coaching decisions regarding player discipline or dismissals. I will trust these coaches to do what is needed for the program. It may take 3 or 4 years to get this corner turned. Unfortunate.
I’ve yet to see Frost hand out any discipline to this point. Maybe it’s all in house but let’s be honest there are very some public stories out there.

Last edited:
Does out team have a drug problem?

I think it’s pretty obvious that some of the team members do. I once heard a drug councilor say that the definition of a drug problem is: “If drugs cause you problems then you have a drug problem.” So I would have to say yes our team has a drug problem. So if we do have a problem what should we do about it? Pick the least valuable player that has been caught and make an example out of him by kicking him off the team? That has been suggested but I can’t support that as a cure for the problem.

My suggestion would be that if you get caught or test positive once you get a warning. You get caught or test positive twice you get put into a drug addiction treatment program. You get caught or test positive a third time you get put in the transfer portal.

Thoughts?

I don't think so.

So the first comparison that has to be made is with the student body as a whole. It's the most logical comparison based on the students environment, etc. If there was zero drug use at UNL other than football players, I'd say we have an issue. As a whole, the athletes are LESS likely to be using drugs than the average student. I don't know that we can get exact statistics, but I think they're available somewhere.

Do individuals have an issue? Oh yes. The 'issue' may be that they just like pot. It's not something I think is a big deal, but understand others still do and it is currently illegal in Nebraska. How do we treat it? Pot users don't really have an 'addiction', but are conditioned to or like its use. I'm fine with Frost setting a threshold of 'X' number of failed tests and the kid sits. Maybe it's a game, a season, I don't know. As long as he sets the standard now and follows it, I think the kids will respond.

Goodness, I sure hope Frost set the standards last year and isn't setting them just now. I'm just waiting to how he enforces what he put in place.

They were caught Buy is a notoriously fair Lincoln Police Department with a small amount of weed. They should immediately be locked up, kicked off the team and kicked out of school because a few trolls on an Internet chat board demand satisfaction .

I'm so sick of smelling these nasty ass hippie stank faces walking around here with their legal pot and filthy fingernails.

I don't need marijuana to ruin Husker football, too.

I do not know that we can say that. It was not till he failed his first test in the NFL that we found out that Gregory had failed 4 times in college Who knows how many Bo covered up.

I did not say anything about failing a piss test, I am talking about being busted by the po-po. You know, the context of this thread.

C

I'm so sick of smelling these nasty ass hippie stank faces walking around here with their legal pot and filthy fingernails.

I don't need marijuana to ruin Husker football, too.
I feel the exact same way with cigarette and cigar smokers. Why people still smoke cigs is a freaking mind boggling enigma to me.

I’m not a lawyer, but would Frost, or rather Nebraska face any legal issues if they were to “make an example” out of one of these cats by say suspension, or worse, getting kicked off, if others faced similar issues and were slapped on the wrist?

It’s been a hot minute since I saw my old scholarship papers, and even then, was too excited to sign them that I didn’t even read what I was signing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back