• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dismuke and Stovall--c'mon man!

I wonder if this is a Nebraska problem or something common around the NCAA. Rarely do you see it making headlines on ESPN anymore. Are they having the same number of arrests other places that are just not going public nationally anymore?
Valid question. I think it’s prevalent everywhere. I can tell you Frost thinks there’s a problem in Lincoln he needs to remedy tho so it makes me think it’s a little worse than Oregon or UCF.

Does out team have a drug problem?

I think it’s pretty obvious that some of the team members do. I once heard a drug councilor say that the definition of a drug problem is: “If drugs cause you problems then you have a drug problem.” So I would have to say yes our team has a drug problem. So if we do have a problem what should we do about it? Pick the least valuable player that has been caught and make an example out of him by kicking him off the team? That has been suggested but I can’t support that as a cure for the problem.

My suggestion would be that if you get caught or test positive once you get a warning. You get caught or test positive twice you get put into a drug addiction treatment program. You get caught or test positive a third time you get put in the transfer portal.

Thoughts?
As a drug counselor yes problems from drug use may indicate you have a problem associated with drugs. Prochaska’s stages of change is a tool used to see where a person is with any type of problem

pre- contemplation is the stage where a person denies any problem and doesn’t see what the fuss is all about him/her using the drugs. example. Gets up goes to practice, works hard, has good grades great team player. What’s the problem?

Now tests positive for me and because of the laws it becomes a problem or does it. Kid is thinking the laws are stupid and no one is testing for alcohol. Yet i’m still playing well getting good grades make every practice and play hard.

Testing positive is not a real consequence that could be used to get a person to move through the stages of change. He/she is thinking It’s a law that should not be on the books so, that a them problem not a me problem.

Now. If that person gets into a wreak or grades begin to suffer skips practice starts to distance himself from others, isolates many other signs then is the opportunity to reach them with the message, drugs are a problem.

next stage is contemplation, where the just begin to see the problem. This stage is key and how it is worked is key it all treatment phases. lot of work to do and if missed, so is the opportunity for further success for this person

My guess is that the problem on this team may be worse than on Frost's earlier teams, simply because society's view on MJ has changed radically in the llast couple of years. My guess is that a lot of coaches are scratching their heads on this issue just now. Of course, it depends upon enforcment by the local police and I suspect that differes from campus to campus around the country. My guess is that Lincoln is fairly strict, but that's just a guess.

E D I B L E S

No stink....no getting caught.
I agree with you. It's just that with the younger generation smoking it is a cooler image. Rap videos and music portray it that way. Not many songs about eating gummies or brownies haha. Vape pens are catching on but harder to acquire in states where it isn't legal. I still don't understand why athletes would want to smoke, seems counterproductive to their training but IDK

I guess we will agree to disagree. For you, it keeps coming back down to "What will we do about the Colorado game?" If they lose because four players are suspended, then there is a major lesson learned and hopefully these players realize they not only hurt their reputation, but more importantly they let their team down. If there have been three different incidents in this short period of time...guess how many of these kids are NOT getting caught. Again, I believe a stern message needs to be sent.
I agree that a stern message needs to be sent. I also think your overblowing it a little. The huskers had DUI’s, domestic abuse, armed robberies, bar fights, and much more under Osborne. Yet the culture was good enough to win championships. When you have 100 young men these things will happen. Frost will figure out how to deal with it. I have no worries.

Last edited:
I agree with you. It's just that with the younger generation smoking it is a cooler image. Rap videos and music portray it that way. Not many songs about eating gummies or brownies haha. Vape pens are catching on but harder to acquire in states where it isn't legal. I still don't understand why athletes would want to smoke, seems counterproductive to their training but IDK
You are probably correct though how these videos glamorize all the hacking, coughing and stank is beyond me. It's not like a cigarette, which can seem pretty cool. Heck, I just thought they wanted to get high.

Last edited:
A lot of posts on this thread are talking about Frost implementing punishment for team infractions. I remember on another thread that talked about punishment being removed from the coach, but being handled by the athletic department. That way it would be uniform across all sport participants. Has anymore heard anymore on that type of change?

Personally, I like that idea.

Last edited:

Edibles are a felony in Nebraska while weed is not.

Nebraska

Edibles are considered concentrates.
I call this a "Money Grab"

OffensePenaltyIncarceration Max. Fine
Possession
1 oz or less (first offense)InfractionN/A$ 300
1 oz or less (second offense)Misdemeanor5 days$ 500
1 oz or less (third offense)Misdemeanor7 days$ 500
More than 1 oz – l lbMisdemeanor3 months$ 500

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back