• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dismuke and Stovall--c'mon man!

Edibles are a felony in Nebraska while weed is not.

Nebraska

Edibles are considered concentrates.
This is the first I've heard of this designation. I'm curious how you learned edibles are considered concentrates? If that is how the state of Nebraska legislates it, that is unfair. The THC in most edibles is 5 - 10mg, typically less than a joint. https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-weed-101-thc-calculator/

I'm very curious to know more either from prior prosecution or better explanation than the link shared. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, it just appears inconclusive at first glance.

Last edited:

This is the first I've heard of this designation. I'm curious how you learned edibles are considered concentrates? If that is how the state of Nebraska legislates it, that is unfair. The THC in most edibles is 5 - 10mg, typically less than a joint. https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-weed-101-thc-calculator/

I'm very curious to know more either from prior prosecution or better explanation than the link shared. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, it just appears inconclusive at first glance.
This summarizes pretty well.................

Are Edibles Considered Concentrates?
Felony gummy bears? Yes, in Nebraska, possession of commercially produced edibles from states like Colorado or Oregon is a felony. This is because these products are made using concentrates.

This applies to most marijuana edibles, such as brownies, gummy bears, and cookies because of the high amount of THC that is present.

This makes them a controlled substance, outside of the 1 ounce threshold, making them a felony to possess. This means that the amount of edibles possessed does not matter.

One gummy bear= one felony.

It is important to note that commercial edibles and home-baked edibles can differ. Commercial grade edibles are more likely to contain high levels of THC, making it a concentrate.

On the other hand, home-baked edibles may not contain extremely potent levels of THC, which would potentially make them subject to laws regarding possession of marijuana under 1 ounce.

This summarizes pretty well.................

On the other hand, home-baked edibles may not contain extremely potent levels of THC, which would potentially make them subject to laws regarding possession of marijuana under 1 ounce.
Can I ask who wrote that summary? There doesn't seem to be any credits to it. This seems a little weird.

See the second link for more clarification. I quoted the part.

"Hash & Concentrates

Hashish and THC Concentrates are individually named Schedule I controlled substances in Nebraska. Possession of hash is a Class IV felony, punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10,000. Selling, manufacturing, or possessing with the intent to distribute hashish is a Class III felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of 1 year, a maximum of 20 years imprisonment, and a maximum fine of $25,000."

See
  • § 28-405(c)(23) of the Nebraska Revised Statutes Web Search
  • § 28-416 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes Web Search
  • § 28-105 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes Web Search

"Daniel: Most likely, it depends on if you are a medical patient and of you have or you’re carrying your prescription, whether you go to jail or not. In Nebraska it depends almost exclusively on how you choose to take your medicine. Nebraska has decriminalized user amounts of marijuana of the flower variety, anyway, so that less than an ounce of marijuana is an infraction with only a $300 fine. It’s a non jailable offense, so if an individual is found with it, the officer writes a citation and sends them on their way. But with the advent of all the different varieties of ingestion with hash oil and edibles and those types of things, Nebraska classifies hash or concentrated marijuana as a scheduled one controlled substance which means we treat it the same as cocaine or methamphetamine or heroin. It’s a class four felony, it carries anywhere from zero to five years in jail and a $10,000 fine. So if you choose to take your medicine in the hash variety, you’re gonna go to jail. You’re gonna get booked, taken to the jail in whatever county you have to be pulled over in. Your car’s gonna get impounded. You’re gonna have to wait until a judge sets a bond on you before you can post bond and be released. And then you’ll have to face the felony charge(s)."

"Hash & Concentrates

Hashish and THC Concentrates are individually named Schedule I controlled substances in Nebraska. Possession of hash is a Class IV felony, punishable by a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10,000. Selling, manufacturing, or possessing with the intent to distribute hashish is a Class III felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of 1 year, a maximum of 20 years imprisonment, and a maximum fine of $25,000."

See
  • § 28-405(c)(23) of the Nebraska Revised Statutes Web Search
  • § 28-105 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes Web Search

"Daniel: Most likely, it depends on if you are a medical patient and of you have or you’re carrying your prescription, whether you go to jail or not. In Nebraska it depends almost exclusively on how you choose to take your medicine. Nebraska has decriminalized user amounts of marijuana of the flower variety, anyway, so that less than an ounce of marijuana is an infraction with only a $300 fine. It’s a non jailable offense, so if an individual is found with it, the officer writes a citation and sends them on their way. But with the advent of all the different varieties of ingestion with hash oil and edibles and those types of things, Nebraska classifies hash or concentrated marijuana as a scheduled one controlled substance which means we treat it the same as cocaine or methamphetamine or heroin. It’s a class four felony, it carries anywhere from zero to five years in jail and a $10,000 fine. So if you choose to take your medicine in the hash variety, you’re gonna go to jail. You’re gonna get booked, taken to the jail in whatever county you have to be pulled over in. Your car’s gonna get impounded. You’re gonna have to wait until a judge sets a bond on you before you can post bond and be released. And then you’ll have to face the felony charge(s)."
Wow, thank you for sharing. I can't believe it's a felony in Nebraska. How stupid is this. Possession of a commercial pot brownie is the same as possessing heroin or meth? Geez.

It's a good thing the kids don't think edibles are cool, otherwise some stars would be in jail. Guess they'll have to keep toking up, for now.

Last edited:

Kind of sad that there is more discussion on here on how to be smart and get around the police and the rules than just tell the kids that, at this point, it is illegal and to pick what is most important to them, football or dope? Follow the rules is not too difficult. Kind of sad.

Wow, thank you for sharing. I can't believe it's a felony in Nebraska. How stupid is this. Possession of a commercial pot brownie is the same as possessing heroin or meth? Geez.
I have a friend that is an attorney and he tipped me off about this. I'm not into pot but several of my friends are and were bringing back edibles from Colorado. I just wanted to let them know what the penalties were. No big deal unless you don't mind being a felon and jail time, if caught. Fair, no, just like the diff on crack and cocaine.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back