• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Disable Ad Block

I’m a paying member. I pay for an enjoyable experience getting Husker information. The pop up ads became so intrusive that they made this site nearly unreadable. I complained along with many others but the problem persisted so I installed an adblocker.

I’ll try again without the adblocker but if I experience the problems I had before I will discontinue my membership and stop using this site.

I’m a paying member. I pay for an enjoyable experience getting Husker information. The pop up ads became so intrusive that they made this site nearly unreadable. I complained along with many others but the problem persisted so I installed an adblocker.

I’ll try again without the adblocker but if I experience the problems I had before I will discontinue my membership and stop using this site.

Same here ..I wont tolerate page hijacks or intrusive adds.

I’m in agreement with the guys voicing displeasure at the pop ups and page hijacks. I guess if it comes down to it and my only choice is to allow pop ups I’ll go elsewhere. I’ll miss the insights by N2FL and *** but I guess I’ll get by. But on the upside a sweet user name will come up in a few months if the site stays the course on pop ups.

As stated by others I’d gladly pay more to not have to put up with ads. I don’t post much as you can tell but come here for information and insights so guess that makes me a dine and dasher but willing to pay more for carryout.

Probably same here. Enough is enough. Mention "OWH, LJS, Wall Street Journal and others subscriptions" ...... IMO completely different compared to HM.

Last edited:

I will use this analogy. The site owners spend hundreds of hours preparing the food (site content), pay the restaurant rent (server fees) and serve the food to the customers (site readers). Instead of charging money for that food they get paid by advertisers so the site readers can eat (read) for free.

Then some site readers decide they want their food and "dine and dash" by not allowing the site owners to generate revenue from the advertisers by using an ad blocker.

But now on the flipside, the diners are now dealing with screaming kids running around the restaurant ruining their dining experience (pop-ups), and catching severe cases of the flu or foodborne illness from the restaurant (adware/malware)

The amount of issues I had with pop-ups and adware from this site before I installed adblockers, made it almost unusable. I understand the "why" from Max, just not sure the powers that be fully understand the flipside of the arguement, and the issues it causes people who might not be as tech savvy, or pateint/understanding.

It looks like the option to keep going without disabling ad blocker has been taken away, at least on my work computer. I guess my productivity will increase, but Max may see a decrease in revenue.

@BigRedMax, there is the option for sites like YouTube and Microsoft email and for devices like Amazon Kindle to pay a fee to get some additional bonus features and NOT have the ads interfering with the usage of the site or product. Is it possible to have a tiered sort of membership here? I think that charging a small fee is a great way of limiting who can post while monitoring the quality of the site, and most of us are happy with that, even with the ads and pop-ups. On the other hand, if some people are willing to pay more to NOT have the pop-ups, is there some way to give them what they want for an additional fee?

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I was wondering what the +s and -s would be.

Another thing, damn TV coverage. For example in TV sports, like ESPN, FOX, ABC, CBSSports, BTN. Pregame boring commercial ads and then one kickoff play, commercials, one series, commercials, minor injuries, commercials, time out, commercials, ref's challenge, commercials, TD/FG play, long commercials, etc etc :mad:

I will gladly pay more money on commercial-free channels.

Last edited:

I understand the desire for ads to provide revenue. In my line of work we enforce ad blocking on our systems as it is a one of the more common delivery mechanisms for malware today. It’s a battle many ad driven sites are battling. I’m glad it’s not a battle I have to fight. I understand the desire to have users disable the adblocking software, but I just can’t disable my adblocker in today’s world.

It looks like the option to keep going without disabling ad blocker has been taken away, at least on my work computer. I guess my productivity will increase, but Max may see a decrease in revenue.
Now the option to continue without disabling ad blocker is back. Thank you @BigRedMax, I do not have the option to make changes to my work computer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back