• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dirk and Shatels columns on the Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw11

Varsity
10 Year Member
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120102/BIGRED/701029855

Alfonzo Dennard spent the fourth quarter of Monday's Capital One Bowl in the Nebraska locker room, alone. "I didn't know what was going on."
There was no TV inside. No Internet. Fonzie's only news sources were the roars from the bleachers above him and the occasional trainer who popped in with a score update.
The roars, Dennard learned, were actually Gamecocks crowing about another SEC/Big Ten beatdown.
This is how it ended for Dennard, the all-Big Ten cornerback and Nebraska's best cover man since the 1990s (a.k.a. the glory years). This is how it ended for the Huskers, who finished with four losses for the fourth straight year.
Sadly and shamefully.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120102/BIGRED/701029853

Call Vegas. Get your favorite pigeon on the line for a sucker bet. Here's your first stone-cold lock of the 2012 college football season.
Nebraska will play in the Rose Bowl.
That's right. You heard it here last: the Huskers will set foot in Pasadena, Calif., next season.
That would be Sept. 8, 2012, when Nebraska plays UCLA in the Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, U.S.A.
What, you think they're going to play in the actual Rose Bowl game?
At this point, if you gave the Huskers a map to Pasadena, they'd end up in Pasadena, Texas.
They'd better wake up. Nebraska has a lot back next season, particularly on offense. The schedule sets up. Wisconsin and Michigan State lose key figures. Michigan comes to 10th Street. Win the Legends and you could see a watered-down Leaders champ; Urban Meyer's team won't be eligible for the Big Ten title game.
The opportunity for a run to the Roses is there. But you saw what the Huskers did when opportunity knocked on Monday at the Capital One Bowl. They tripped over the doormat.

Dirk continues to show his utter ignorance and incompetence as a commentator. First, the guys don't need to feel shamed by the game or this season. Second, old Dirkle doesn't know the first thing about what "in the deed, the glory" actually means. He's a classic man outside the arena.

shatel is too clever by half.

On a sidenote, I thought Bo handled the post game conference extremely well.

Dirk continues to show his utter ignorance and incompetence as a commentator. First, the guys don't need to feel shamed by the game or this season. Second, old Dirkle doesn't know the first thing about what "in the deed, the glory" actually means. He's a classic man outside the arena.

If you wrote for the OWH, the postgame headline would be "Improving Husker team ends season on upward trajectory." Or is that too clever by half?

And incidentally, Shatel wrote that BP handled the postgame with composure and grace.

Last edited:

I think Shatel will have a different take after he's slept on it. I know that I've calmed down (I took a nap). Dirk, I'm not so sure about.

If you wrote for the OWH, the postgame headline would be "Improving Husker team ends season on upward trajectory." Or is that too clever by half?

And incidentally, Shatel wrote that BP handled the postgame with composure and grace.

Mine would probably read something like "Huskers end season with a disappointing loss" and might even include "positive season." I certainly wouldn't lead with that snarky Pasadena joke(s).

While I agree with you...Bo himself said the game was a "shame."

While I agree with you...Bo himself said the game was a "shame."

He also said he told the players they could walk out with their heads held high (or up? don't remember).

Either way, there's a difference between a result being a shame and someone being shamed by the result.

Dirk wrote that our 2012 schedule is soft. Is he kidding? Aren't we playing like 10 bowl teams or something?

Dirk wrote that our 2012 schedule is soft. Is he kidding? Aren't we playing like 10 bowl teams or something?

We start with 2 non-BCS conference champions and UCLA on the road.

Then we open the B10 schedule against the defending conference champs and follow that up with a schedule that includes 4 of the top 5 teams in our conference this season.

All but Minnesota went to a bowl this season.

Dirkle has an agenda and it should be nauseating to watch him play that string out over the next several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back