• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Director of Player Development

Just wondering why would college kids today versus college kids of 20 or 30 years ago be having all these mental health issues and problems at home? Seems like almost everything is easier, softer, more thoughtful for kids today versus 30 years ago? Could provide many examples of how much different (yes easier) police training is today than 20 years ago. You either got it right back then or you were washed out.. bye bye. The military also could treat you pretty much how they wanted but not anymore today. Heck drill instructors can't even yell any swear words at recruits anymore.

So in your opinion what's causing all these mental health issues and problems with their home lives today?
I would submit that broken homes are the biggest problem, especially among student athletes. I also wonder if there isn't an increasing tendency to incorrectly categorize a lot of behavior issues as being mental health issues.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back