• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

director of player development role

This Coach V stuff is pretty funny. I’m guessing it’s primarily driven by a few ‘respected posters’ who frankly don’t have the pedigree to really know what is good coaching or not. Some may have played at various levels, but I know as well as most, there is a big gap between understanding the game as a player, and teaching the game as a coach. And just a reminder, we don’t have guys with eyes on practice. If there was a ‘source’ that was viable as to what was going on at Riley practices, it’s pretty unlikely they are getting great access to Frost’s.

Luke is much better this year over last. He hasn’t become a complete QB, but considering he’s played the most complex position in the sport for all of 2 and a little over a half years, and he’s still been able to not just contribute in some games, but start and win one against a B1G opponent. Martinez has been up and down, which isn’t a great endorsement for Coach V, but it’s not always easy to get the most out of an injured, out of shape player.
So in your words Coach Duval and the S&C staff are partly responsible for part of AM problems correct?

So in your words Coach Duval and the S&C staff are partly responsible for part of AM problems correct?
Would it be his instructors fault if he wasn’t going to class or passing tests? I can tell you what to do all day long, but it’s up to you to do the work.

Would it be his instructors fault if he wasn’t going to class or passing tests? I can tell you what to do all day long, but it’s up to you to do the work.
With all the money spent for our Diagnostics evaluations for weight and nutrition and the training table. Skill players especially should not be overweight and out of shape as you quoted;
"Martinez has been up and down, which isn’t a great endorsement for Coach V, but it’s not always easy to get the most out of an injured, out of shape player. "
Unless the player is not doing what the coaches and staff prescribe or the experts guiding him are not giving him the proper Guidance. Seems he was better and quicker his freshman year when there was not much time for S&C to change him much

With all the money spent for our Diagnostics evaluations for weight and nutrition and the training table. Skill players especially should not be overweight and out of shape as you quoted;
"Martinez has been up and down, which isn’t a great endorsement for Coach V, but it’s not always easy to get the most out of an injured, out of shape player. "
Unless the player is not doing what the coaches and staff prescribe or the experts guiding him are not giving him the proper Guidance. Seems he was better and quicker his freshman year when there was not much time for S&C to change him much
And before multiple injuries.

He was coming off injuries, which likely lead to some reduced S&C. Couple that lower activity with some poor weight management habits, and you end up with a guy carrying 15-20 more than he should have. Some guys you can’t keep from sneaking in workouts coming off injury, others have a little trouble getting back into the routine. As Frost mentioned, Adrian wasn’t as focused starting his second year, and by the looks, part of that lack of focus was in following his S&C and Nutrition regime.

There’s one person to blame for AM not being physically prepared for his second year, and that person isn’t on the staff.

He was coming off injuries, which likely lead to some reduced S&C. Couple that lower activity with some poor weight management habits, and you end up with a guy carrying 15-20 more than he should have. Some guys you can’t keep from sneaking in workouts coming off injury, others have a little trouble getting back into the routine. As Frost mentioned, Adrian wasn’t as focused starting his second year, and by the looks, part of that lack of focus was in following his S&C and Nutrition regime.

There’s one person to blame for AM not being physically prepared for his second year, and that person isn’t on the staff.

But it is on the staff for rewarding him with being the starter. He was clearly not even close to the player he was as a freshman and him not being prepared and out of shape probably cost this team some victories in 2019.

This Coach V stuff is pretty funny. I’m guessing it’s primarily driven by a few ‘respected posters’ who frankly don’t have the pedigree to really know what is good coaching or not. Some may have played at various levels, but I know as well as most, there is a big gap between understanding the game as a player, and teaching the game as a coach. And just a reminder, we don’t have guys with eyes on practice. If there was a ‘source’ that was viable as to what was going on at Riley practices, it’s pretty unlikely they are getting great access to Frost’s.

Luke is much better this year over last. He hasn’t become a complete QB, but considering he’s played the most complex position in the sport for all of 2 and a little over a half years, and he’s still been able to not just contribute in some games, but start and win one against a B1G opponent, that’s far from being a failure. Martinez has been up and down, which isn’t a great endorsement for Coach V, but it’s not always easy to get the most out of an injured, out of shape player.
I'm going off the eyeball test. IMHO, Luke appeared better in 2019 than in 2020. AM improved, to a degree in 2020 based upon completion rate. Of course 2 fumbles and 2 INT's against Rutgers showed he will still be AM. My comments are also based on Frost's own statements....In year 4 HE is having to work with AM. Verduzco "makes sure they know everything", but Frost is working on the things that actually make a QB a QB......His own comments after a game in 2019 about running the ball in the red zone as he didn't trust his QB.....Year 4 and our QB situation is built on a whole lot of hope. And hope isn't a plan. And again to the injured and out of shape.....Who allowed this to happen? Who allowed this injured and out of shape guy start? And continue to play? That's all coaching. Again, IMHO, Frost is taking charge in areas he can immediately impact as he isn't comfortable going into 2021 with Verduzco running his QB....Especially when/if LM pops smoke.....

I'm going off the eyeball test. IMHO, Luke appeared better in 2019 than in 2020. AM improved, to a degree in 2020 based upon completion rate. Of course 2 fumbles and 2 INT's against Rutgers showed he will still be AM. My comments are also based on Frost's own statements....In year 4 HE is having to work with AM. Verduzco "makes sure they know everything", but Frost is working on the things that actually make a QB a QB......His own comments after a game in 2019 about running the ball in the red zone as he didn't trust his QB.....Year 4 and our QB situation is built on a whole lot of hope. And hope isn't a plan. And again to the injured and out of shape.....Who allowed this to happen? Who allowed this injured and out of shape guy start? And continue to play? That's all coaching. Again, IMHO, Frost is taking charge in areas he can immediately impact as he isn't comfortable going into 2021 with Verduzco running his QB....Especially when/if LM pops smoke.....
Your eyeballs are failing you. Luke was throwing with greater velocity this year, and he was at least looking beyond his first option.

Frost can relate things from a unique perspective, as a person who understands the offense, and as a player who used his mind, legs and arm pretty well. Is he a great one with teaching the technique of moving and throwing? Apparently not, because he’s chosen to hire someone he feels is better at that.

You are really overthinking this.

Your eyeballs are failing you. Luke was throwing with greater velocity this year, and he was at least looking beyond his first option.

Frost can relate things from a unique perspective, as a person who understands the offense, and as a player who used his mind, legs and arm pretty well. Is he a great one with teaching the technique of moving and throwing? Apparently not, because he’s chosen to hire someone he feels is better at that.

You are really overthinking this.
So my eyes were failing, but yours determines velocity? OK.........And to Frost, year 4....Not year 1.....

So my eyes were failing, but yours determines velocity? OK.........And to Frost, year 4....Not year 1.....
Apparently, because most of the people I trust as actually football people, not simply casual fans, saw what I did. Perhaps pessimism clouds the eyes? And perhaps what our coach just said in an interview is the most likely answer; he feels he has a guy in place he trusts and that allows him to focus on other details. Again, try not to over think it.

Apparently, because most of the people I trust as actually football people, not simply casual fans, saw what I did. Perhaps pessimism clouds the eyes? And perhaps what our coach just said in an interview is the most likely answer; he feels he has a guy in place he trusts and that allows him to focus on other details. Again, try not to over think it.
I'm glad that you are confident in Verduzco. And trust actual football people and not casual fans....Odd that out of all the "football" people NU was the only one that wanted him as a QB......And was rated as an "athlete"by recruiting services.....I trust the actual football people and not simply casual fans also......Perhaps optimism clouds the eyes.......Again try not to over think it....I like your way better. Don't try to have a conversation, just be condescending....

I'm glad that you are confident in Verduzco. And trust actual football people and not casual fans....Odd that out of all the "football" people NU was the only one that wanted him as a QB......And was rated as an "athlete"by recruiting services.....I trust the actual football people and not simply casual fans also......Perhaps optimism clouds the eyes.......Again try not to over think it....I like your way better. Don't try to have a conversation, just be condescending....
And you know his marketability with all football programs how? Did you scour Indeed looking for the job description?

1611622194114.jpeg

Obvious answer...let’s get tropical.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back