• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

director of player development role

A lot of former Huskers come to mind....Unsure of they are looking for this or a person truly outside of the program. Regardless of who, I think it is a good idea. Getting guys to commit seems to be "easy" fro Frost and Co. Keeping them appears to be an issue. I like the focus on trying to get them plugged in immediately. A lot of the guys are miles from home, know no one, different culture etc...If they are not an immediate starter might be harder to connect. Get guys plugged in and involved and feel like they have some skin in the game so to speak might work out...

1611429337790.png

This lady would stop any shenanigans quick, fast, and in a hurry!

From the linked article in the OP, here is a quote from Frost about Ron Brown:
Ron was really good at some of those things but he’s getting old. Even though he’s my hero, he’s getting old.
How old is Ron....maybe about 63? So I just wanted to point this out to those of you who may be about that age or even older. Scott Frost thinks that you are getting (or maybe already are) old! ;)

How old is Ron....maybe about 63? So I just wanted to point this out to those of you who may be about that age or even older. Scott Frost thinks that you are getting (or maybe already are) old! ;)
In fairness, who do you think can relate to you better if you are a 20 year old; your dad, or your grandpa? Ron’s in that grandpa range at this point.

What's the job description? I don't know if any of our coaches have done much developing thus far.
Probably not to the untrained eye, but I hear enough positives regarding development from some guys who have actually made a living coaching, so I’ll stick with their thoughts. And before you meltdown, even those former and current coaches or players thought the Special Teams to be inexcusably unprepared.

I’m sure Brown loved reading that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back