• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Director of player development hired

This is the direction I thought this position was going to go... more of a guidance counselor type. Hopefully he can help the boys with life skills and resiliency. Maybe help prevent some of the mental health issue that can arise in young adults, and assist them when those issues do arise. Sounds like a great job and much needed. Hopefully he’s the right man for the job.

This is the direction I thought this position was going to go... more of a guidance counselor type. Hopefully he can help the boys with life skills and resiliency. Maybe help prevent some of the mental health issue that can arise in young adults, and assist them when those issues do arise. Sounds like a great job and much needed. Hopefully he’s the right man for the job.
good job. Mental Health, hearing from Mills and so many others. I teach H.S. students and always have a day each week where we discuss "life issues". Last week focus was on weighing dropping out vs. staying in school. While me thinking it's going to be a make money now vs future-each period students brought up reasons for dropping out that included the stress/mental health. Maybe if Mills doesn't make it in the NFL, a grad asst. opening for such a role. If I'm a parent looking for a home for my child, things like this are important. Especially being 1k miles away.

Exactly. Herm didn’t set the world on fire, but he isn’t 12-20 either. With the portal you are always going to lose the Kade Werner’s and young Farniok’s, but maybe this will prevent losing the Marcus Fleming’s too. Younger guy, so that should help him relate a bit better than Ron Brown. Of course, no one will fire up a gathering of church going Husker Fanatics like RB. But what makes an older dude like me gravitate to RB probably turns today’s youth off.

Exactly. Herm didn’t set the world on fire, but he isn’t 12-20 either. With the portal you are always going to lose the Kade Werner’s and young Farniok’s, but maybe this will prevent losing the Marcus Fleming’s too. Younger guy, so that should help him relate a bit better than Ron Brown. Of course, no one will fire up a gathering of church going Husker Fanatics like RB. But what makes an older dude like me gravitate to RB probably turns today’s youth off.

Agreed, love Ron but I am guessing in today's youth his stuff doesn't fly very well. He gets me fired up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back