• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DiNardo on Scott Frost

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3570

Came across this tweet today. Not a fan of DiNardo and I'm not really sure what he's referring to here because he doesn't really explain in detail. Kind of left up to the listener to translate on their own. Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Came across this tweet today. Not a fan of DiNardo and I'm not really sure what he's referring to here because he doesn't really explain in detail. Kind of left up to the listener to translate on their own. Just thought it was interesting.

I'm guessing losses like this one would make any coach take a long hard look at every aspect of their program, particularly a young coach trying to rebuild a program. Frost has been around a lot of great coaches in his career and I think he draws from those experiences in times like this. Frost is highly confident in his abilities, I doubt a loss (even one as devastating as this one) is going make him change his coaching philosophy......

Last edited:
After listening to the video I get the sense that DiNardo may have some doubts about the staff surrounding Scott Frost. Maybe I’m reading into it more than I should but that’s kind of what I interpreted from this video. Rumor had it that Florida was ready to hire SF but would demand assistant changes our coach was unwilling to make. I knew nothing of these guys prior to Scott‘s hiring. He is obviously very loyal to those around him and trying to create some continuity. Maybe his staff is learning on the fly and struggling to help a young coach get better. Prior to working with Frost what were the resumes of his staff? I’m not sure but I would imagine they weren’t overwhelmingly impressive or tenured.

Who cares what a lifetime .400 coach thinks?? Scott Frost has the most potential of any younger P-5 coach since Dabo. It took Dabo 6 1/2 years to make Clemson a champion. Before that was Clemson even in the conversation? We all need to take a step back and forget the past and let Scott build this thing

Who cares what a lifetime .400 coach thinks?? Scott Frost has the most potential of any younger P-5 coach since Dabo. It took Dabo 6 1/2 years to make Clemson a champion. Before that was Clemson even in the conversation? We all need to take a step back and forget the past and let Scott build this thing
Dabo had an amazing offensive coordinator in Chad Morris and defensive coordinator with Brent Venables. Does Scott have the same?

Don't need to take a step back from anything. It's just a tweet I found interesting and wanted to share and discuss....since that's what message boards are for. I'm solidly on board with Frost and not questioning him in the slightest.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Scott is a young coach, what 3 years head coaching experience, he will make mistakes and hopefully learn, not worried yet. That goes for every aspect, play calling to staff.
Agreed

"I believe this past week may change him forever as a coach."

Well, I hope so. You would hope any good coach (or anyone in any circumstance) would learn from their mistakes, and change for the better.

1967 & '68 changed Devaney for the better. I believe '02 changed Solich for the better (though we weren't given the chance to see it). I would hope that HCSF learned a lesson about playing at altitude, and about not letting your foot off their throat when you're way up. I'm sure he learned that you can't always coach your way out of personnel mismatches -- i.e. just because we were rolling at the end of 2018, the new guys aren't working together to that level yet.

Dabo had an amazing offensive coordinator in Chad Morris and defensive coordinator with Brent Venables. Does Scott have the same?

Dabo was head coach starting in 2008. He didn’t get Chad Morris there until 2011. Venables didn’t arrive until 2012. If Frost needs to make staff changes in a few years to take a step forward, then he will. I’m not worried about it. These players need consistency right now. Let Scott build the program. We don’t need to run any coaches out of town.

Losing by 40 points to team you should beat is a devastating loss! Losing to a team that's not great but fairly equal in talent in OT at their stadium is hardly devastating imo. Drives me crazy these so called experts judging HCSF after 14 games? Mistakes were made in Boulder which I'm confident Frost will correct as the seasons move forward. For crying out loud we're 1-1 not 1-10 with all our goals still in tact for this season.

I'm going to see how the ENTIRE season plays out before pushing any panic buttons...

"I believe this past week may change him forever as a coach."

Well, I hope so. You would hope any good coach (or anyone in any circumstance) would learn from their mistakes, and change for the better.

1967 & '68 changed Devaney for the better. I believe '02 changed Solich for the better (though we weren't given the chance to see it). I would hope that HCSF learned a lesson about playing at altitude, and about not letting your foot off their throat when you're way up. I'm sure he learned that you can't always coach your way out of personnel mismatches -- i.e. just because we were rolling at the end of 2018, the new guys aren't working together to that level yet.
This is for the most part what he was saying IMO. A loss after you were up by 17 in the 3rd qtr should get you to look at what went wrong. It should make changes. As Nardo said not to core values but a long look at some details.

Scott has to look in the mirror and correct exactly what he tells his players. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. We have lost.....by my count......three games now because of defensive play calling. Just as bad was the USA game where we won but should have won by 20 more had he not taken the foot off the pedal. Unfortunately if he doesn't get this straightened out.....it will become a team mentality. That's assuming it already hasn't.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back