• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Different winter workouts paying off

redwinghusker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
http://www.omaha.com/article/20130219/HUSKERS/702199903/1002#different-winter-workouts-paying-off

LINCOLN — Nebraska's decision to add a sand volleyball program to compete in the spring has made this a winter unlike any other for one of college volleyball's elite programs.

Cook said the sand workouts are largely substituting for what would have been the team's offseason winter conditioning program. The Huskers are still lifting weights but have eliminated much of their sprinting and aerobic work, relying instead on low-impact sand workouts. It's a gamble, Cook said, but so far he likes the results.
“Our players, their bodies feel great, they're in the sand, there's no pounding on them, and to me, they look really good,â€￾ Cook said. “We'll see how they jump when we test, but from a coach's perspective, they look really good to me. Plus, they're touching the ball and playing volleyball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back