• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did the Bag Man slip up at OSU??

Hey players, if you need money go to a Bank and get a student loan like everyone else that needs money. Then it is all above board.
You going to place the blame at the feet of a 17 - 18 year old kid who most likely has had nothing other than football to look forward to in his future? Interesting for who you feel should receive the blame.
Yeah, but banks expect you to pay it back.
Banks.... Like used car salesmen and insurance companies.... they almost make lawyers look respectable.

You going to place the blame at the feet of a 17 - 18 year old kid who most likely has had nothing other than football to look forward to in his future? Interesting for who you feel should receive the blame.

Banks.... Like used car salesmen and insurance companies.... they almost make lawyers look respectable.

I sure as heck am, I don't think playing the 'I am just a kid card' works here, I can't imagine that since day one on campus they haven't been told what is and what is not allowed. He is not a freshman by the way.

Yeah, but banks expect you to pay it back.

Absolutely, that is how the real world works, but I can't imagine a first round draft pick couldn't pay it back the first day after he signs his contract, plus he paid his 'friend' back, although I am sure there was no interest. ;)

I sure as heck am, I don't think playing the 'I am just a kid card' works here, I can't imagine that since day one on campus they haven't been told what is and what is not allowed. He is not a freshman by the way.
Especially since he took the money to fly a girl to CA for the Rose Bowl.

If he took money to play and put not only his but his entire teams season at risk then absolutely he is the one who should receive the blame. These kids are told from day 1 what is and isn't allowed. There is a clearinghouse you have to pass to be eligible to accept a college athletic scholarship which makes it clear what isn't allowed as far as taking money. If he took money he let down every single one of his teammates which is like letting down your own brother. I don't even know what the rest of that posts means but if you are trying to deflect blame to someone other then the person that took the money then I am glad you were never my teammate in anything.

Then I wonder how on earth you know that this kid has nothing other then football to look forward to in his future. That's a pretty big generalization about a kid you know absolutely nothing about.

If he took money to play and put not only his but his entire teams season at risk then absolutely he is the one who should receive the blame. These kids are told from day 1 what is and isn't allowed. There is a clearinghouse you have to pass to be eligible to accept a college athletic scholarship which makes it clear what isn't allowed as far as taking money. If he took money he let down every single one of his teammates which is like letting down your own brother. I don't even know what the rest of that posts means but if you are trying to deflect blame to someone other then the person that took the money then I am glad you were never my teammate in anything.

Then I wonder how on earth you know that this kid has nothing other then football to look forward to in his future. That's a pretty big generalization about a kid you know absolutely nothing about.
I'll just respond by saying that that is like blaming the student for the teacher seducing the kid and having sex with them. The people in authority are most definitely to blame. Never said that the kid was innocent, but they aren't the ones to blame.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back