• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did anyone else catch

Only if it means that it would allow Rhule to hire assistants he couldn't otherwise get for $7M.
This^^
I was hoping Trev would have laid out the plan that we're looking to hire the best, not just the best that you've worked with before.
I understand that the HC has to pick guys he trusts, but it'd be hard not to trust some of the better known up and coming OC's and DC's in the country. It seems we're getting a lot of Temple and Baylor assistants who are getting a big raise rather than getting the best guys available.

This^^
I was hoping Trev would have laid out the plan that we're looking to hire the best, not just the best that you've worked with before.
I understand that the HC has to pick guys he trusts, but it'd be hard not to trust some of the better known up and coming OC's and DC's in the country. It seems we're getting a lot of Temple and Baylor assistants who are getting a big raise rather than getting the best guys available.

No sane coach is going to hire a bunch of assistants he's not familiar with, or who doesn't have strong ties to someone the HC already trusts. These coaches must be able to communicate, set aside egos, and trust each other. There's a lot of chemistry required. That means familiarity. They might take a chance on one or two lower positions ... but coordinators, and not a whole staff. Similarly, an assistant coach is going to hesitate working for an HC they don't already know to some degree or another.

Last edited:

This^^
I'm trusting Rhule to know what "best guy available" means for him.

This^^
Perhaps the best MR has worked with is exactly what he needs? I believe we have to trust MR to hire the staff he knows and trusts to get the job done. Simply because an OC or DC has a good rep doesn't mean he's the right one for MR? Also I'm pretty sure HCMR knows what type of offensive and defensive scheme he wants to run eventually. I have to believe he's in a much better posiiton to pick the staff he wants more then anyone else. It's certainly going to be judged by the results.

Last edited:
I remember that thingy he mentioned about everyone pulling in the same direction to make it work.

Maybe the guys he's offering aren't instantly recognizable powerhouse names, but maybe they are folks he knows he can count on to pull in the same direction.

What the h*** do I know.

I remember that thingy he mentioned about everyone pulling in the same direction to make it work.

Maybe the guys he's offering aren't instantly recognizable powerhouse names, but maybe they are folks he knows he can count on to pull in the same direction.

What the h*** do I know.
As much as anyone else who posts here. :Thumbsup:

What was impressive was when he mentioned the number of players sent to the NFL from Temple and Baylor that were 2 or 3 star recruits. I'm certain he can land MUCH higher recruiting classes than Temple and at least comparable to Baylor. We've all been disappointed in our record under Frost considering the class rankings.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back