• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deshawn Woods - 2022 Offensive Tackle - Omaha Central

He seems to be a bit shorter than the OL guys NU has been offering lately.
As a 15 year old, he's slightly taller than Ethan Piper who is our best redshirt freshman lineman currently. But to your point, I think they like him enough to offer based on 1) he's still growing or 2) he can move inside like Piper or Jurgens. He’s really athletic which is what they are looking for (and the SEC teams that have offered).

Last edited:

Oline could feature a lot of local guys pretty soon. The national guys coming in sure are strong additions as well. OLine is one of the positions we seem to be recruiting well the last few years. 2020 will start to show this and future years will involve a lot more reloading than restarting. Hope this kid comes and joins in on the fun.

As a 15 year old, he's slightly taller than Ethan Piper who is our best redshirt freshman lineman currently. But to your point, I think they like him enough to offer based on 1) he's still growing or 2) he can move inside like Piper or Jurgens. He’s really athletic which is what they are looking for (and the SEC teams that have offered).
15? Yikes, he may get to 6'8" before it is all said and done!

Piper is better than Benhart?

The Huskers need to clean house locally every year to get competitive again. I get that these kids have not seen anything great out of the program in their lifetime but boy, if we can't seal the boarders we face staying average for the foreseeable future....no matter what you bring in from GA or FL (need those kids too).

Last edited:

6'5" is plenty tall enuf even for tackle, the extra inch is insignificant if he doesnt have the quickness or footwork, for the position. I get why we want tall tackles, cause they have long arms, which can be extended to help protect your qb, but if hes already at 6'5", anything else is just not a difference maker, unless he has very disproportionately short arms

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back