• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deshawn Woods - 2022 Offensive Tackle - Omaha Central

Same for Devon Jackson, that's why I posted those...

I think you have an okay shot with Woods, but I think Jackson is a longshot at this point.
So I was told the Huskers really like this kid, but they want him in the middle. After watching film, I can see why. Kid has sprinter speed and plays with a nasty streak. His ability to cover sideline to sideline would be obvious so I get it. Is he being recruited as a 4-3 OLB by other teams? Is he not liking the idea of playing in the middle? Just wondering why he would be such a long shot.

So I was told the Huskers really like this kid, but they want him in the middle. After watching film, I can see why. Kid has sprinter speed and plays with a nasty streak. His ability to cover sideline to sideline would be obvious so I get it. Is he being recruited as a 4-3 OLB by other teams? Is he not liking the idea of playing in the middle? Just wondering why he would be such a long shot.

I think he'd be a really good WILL in a 4-3. Nebraska's not out of the running for him by any means, I just think he's more likely to jump at one of his several national offers. But there's a lot of time and Frost still has a season to showcase his program and several months to make up ground.

Would it shock me if he chose Nebraska? No. I could see them ending up with Jackson and/or Woods, but I can't say you're the favorite for either at the moment.

I think he'd be a really good WILL in a 4-3. Nebraska's not out of the running for him by any means, I just think he's more likely to jump at one of his several national offers. But there's a lot of time and Frost still has a season to showcase his program and several months to make up ground.

Would it shock me if he chose Nebraska? No. I could see them ending up with Jackson and/or Woods, but I can't say you're the favorite for either at the moment.
Any chance with Micah Riley if there is turnover on Iowa's staff? Or still too many hard feelings about NU not offering his step brother (Ducker)... who Iowa didn't offer either?

Games not over. But as one of the coaches of these young men said, it's Nebraska's obligation to recruit them, not for them to go to Nebraska. Really hoping we can haul in 2 of the 3 but expecting 1 of the 3.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back