• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Derrick Walker is N

I expect 2019-2020 will be up/down for Hoiberg's team. But 2020 and beyond could be quite interesting. I watched several games when Hoiberg was at Iowa State and they were one of the best teams in the Big12, intense and moved the ball well. He didn't get the 4* or better recruits but his style of play and coaching caused headaches for any team they competed against. It might be fun to watch Husker BB ! ! !

I live it TN and pull for the Vols but don't follow them nearly as close as the Huskers. I'm in Nashville and this is what my buddy in Knoxville had to say about D Walker, hopefully he has outgrown the not working hard, shows that Freshman year promise and then some and being so far away from home created some of the issues:

"Yeah, he didn’t work as hard as expected coming off his freshman year where he showed promise. There’s an expectation and culture where each player is expected to work hard. Meaning, they practice a lot on their own, or join their teammates practicing on their own. I think he was also a bit home sick. T"

Part 2:

He had some good games as a freshman, but honestly, looked like he went backwards this year. Like he was not comfortable. He couldn’t catch a pass to save his life. Like he had two left hands. He wasn’t afraid to be physical and foul though. J T

Part 2:

He had some good games as a freshman, but honestly, looked like he went backwards this year. Like he was not comfortable. He couldn’t catch a pass to save his life. Like he had two left hands. He wasn’t afraid to be physical and foul though. J T

Yes, I agree with your buddy. With likely 4 of top 6 Vols gone by the NBA draft, Walker had some opportunities if he was going to work for it.

Yes, I agree with your buddy. With likely 4 of top 6 Vols gone by the NBA draft, Walker had some opportunities if he was going to work for it.
If you feel you’ve lost the trust of the staff, it’s probably smart to move on. Apparently, he got that message over the last season.

If you feel you’ve lost the trust of the staff, it’s probably smart to move on. Apparently, he got that message over the last season.

Yep -- most Vols bball fans were not overwhelmed by his play this season and most of the bench beyond the 6th man in the rotation. Probably encouraged by Rick Barnes to move on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back