• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deontai Williams

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
Holy smokes has this young man gained confidence in himself and his teammates since he got here last year. I remember interviews last year where his head was down, hair in eyes, not seeming confident at all. Contrast that to today in this HOL HD interview - wow, I am amazed at the difference.

Looking forward to some big hits from Deontai. I'm pretty sure he was one of the guys that the coaches had to back down a little so nobody gets hurt in live action.

Frost on Deontai:
Head coach Scott Frost told junior safety Deontai Williams he appreciated the intensity but he needed the defensive back to ease up on the throttle. He’d rather get to the season fully healthy if it meant scaling back the intensity in practice than see someone get hurt this early in fall camp.

Last edited:

I think he'll be very, very good...but, I'm pretty pumped about the entire secondary.

As am I. And as Scott pointed out, you're only as good in the secondary as the front 7 is in the pass rush. Give a team time to throw, and somebody gets open. I still have the twitches from last year's Northwestern game. We simply could not defend the Thorson to Nagel combination when we had the game in hand...I do think that we are not going to give opposing qb's all day long to throw this season. We have some big nasty's with attitudes that will be getting after people this year.

Last edited:
As am I. And as Scott pointed out, you're only as good in the secondary as the front 7 is in the pass rush. Give a team time to throw, and somebody gets open. I still have the twitches from last year's Northwestern game. We simply could not defend the Thorson to Nagel combination when we had the game in hand...I do think that we are not going to give opposing qb's all day long to throw this season. We have some big nasty's with attitudes that will be getting after people this year.
Had our defensive line found a way to harass and hurry Thorson we would have won that NW game imo. He had all the time needed to wait for receivers to clear and that was the game.... :mad:

I would like you thank you for bringing my nightmares from this game back. I was there, witnessing this......gawd it was painful. How to make it even better you ask? Try sitting next to the Northwestern students..........My son and I had to take an Uber, and go get our vehicle from the parking lot the next day......because we really tried to drown our sorrows, but they had a higher tolerance than we did....

Oh boy, here we go again.

Yeah...I'm done with the hair thing. I was guilty of a comment on Stoll's mullett, too, but I see now that is pretty lame coming from guys who sit on the couch during games, and whose biggest hardship is waiting till a commercial to empty our bladders.

We heard last year that Deontai was making some big hits in camp. In the season, his stats were:

TACKLES - 23
SACKS - 0
FORCED FUMBLES -1
INTERCEPTIONS -2

I don't remember any real slobberknockers from him in games. Obviously, a tackle is a tackle, but Deontai is a guy who seems to value the big hit. Has he had any in games yet?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back