• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dematrius Davis Jr

90% of recruiting is disappointment. What do they always say about it? Queueing RR

Davis was certainly my favorite for QB. Another disappointment.
I would be surprised if we pull a top guy at QB for 2021. Assuming we sign Smothers, and we don’t have any surprise defections, that group looks pretty well stocked for any kid wanting to see the field fairly early.

I would be surprised if we pull a top guy at QB for 2021. Assuming we sign Smothers, and we don’t have any surprise defections, that group looks pretty well stocked for any kid wanting to see the field fairly early.
Very impressed with McCaffery. He seems to have instinct and the it factor when running this option. He's just an athlete. 15lbs of muscle and he'll be a handful for any D. Adding Smothers will make for a great QB room. Whens the last time we have 3-4 guys you could really count on to run the offense?

That said, always take the best QB you can get every year. Things happen, the room gets dinged up, and then you're in a bad position.

Very impressed with McCaffery. He seems to have instinct and the it factor when running this option. He's just an athlete. 15lbs of muscle and he'll be a handful for any D. Adding Smothers will make for a great QB room. Whens the last time we have 3-4 guys you could really count on to run the offense?

That said, always take the best QB you can get every year. Things happen, the room gets dinged up, and then you're in a bad position.
He needs at 15 pounds. Dude is skinny!

McCaffrey sets up lanes and sees thing unfold natually a la Tommy, boom afterburners on the cut like T Magic, make DBs cross there feet up like Crouch leaving them on their rear, the LOVE for the game like Frost , and the I don't give a crap where you put me in or I will sneak in type of mentality, i think he is like a a bulldog in yhe making. I magine Oregon at peak talent when Frost was OC, when we get that talent, this is going to be a fricken REAL scoring machine.
I am just dumbfounded how we haven't got more receiver production, sheer speed with M.Will and J.Woodyard.
Bad hands?

Why? Because it's Nebraska or because you think the majority of kids won't want to join a roster with several other four-stars already in the system?

McCaffrey sets up lanes and sees thing unfold natually a la Tommy, boom afterburners on the cut like T Magic, make DBs cross there feet up like Crouch leaving them on their rear, the LOVE for the game like Frost , and the I don't give a crap where you put me in or I will sneak in type of mentality, i think he is like a a bulldog in yhe making. I magine Oregon at peak talent when Frost was OC, when we get that talent, this is going to be a fricken REAL scoring machine.
I am just dumbfounded how we haven't got more receiver production, sheer speed with M.Will and J.Woodyard.
Bad hands?

Not incredible expectations at aaaaasallll.

Why? Because it's Nebraska or because you think the majority of kids won't want to join a roster with several other four-stars already in the system?
The talent on the team and currently committed. As fun as Luke looks, I have a feeling Smothers might be even better. I’m sure we’ll pull in a pretty good recruit, but I’m betting we see someone who rates more in the solid 3* range than the 4’s. It’s not a Nebraska thing, or a staff thing, it’s just an opportunity thing, which is a positive reflection on the talent we have. It’s a pretty cool thing to see the development of that position.

The talent on the team and currently committed. As fun as Luke looks, I have a feeling Smothers might be even better. I’m sure we’ll pull in a pretty good recruit, but I’m betting we see someone who rates more in the solid 3* range than the 4’s. It’s not a Nebraska thing, or a staff thing, it’s just an opportunity thing, which is a positive reflection on the talent we have. It’s a pretty cool thing to see the development of that position.

Smothers is a higher three star, at the moment (at least on 247). Maybe ends up a 4-star, but it’s hard to say. I think the type of kid this staff is trying to recruit won’t be run off by a full QB room. I predict another high 3-star or 4-star, but will be interesting to see.

You know GA had three studs recently on their roster right? Yes 2 transferred. AL same thing. Most big programs are bringing in a stud every year.

Not incredible expectations at aaaaasallll.
Not saying he will hit those levels because he has to have 10 other guys doing the right thing and has to get the mental part of game down. Just saying he is sure fun to watch.

You know GA had three studs recently on their roster right? Yes 2 transferred. AL same thing. Most big programs are bringing in a stud every year.

Don’t take this wrong, but we aren’t at the level of those other teams you mentioned...yet. It’s obviously not impossible to attract kids, but as you pointed out, it’s challenging to keep them. I’m sure the staff will do their best

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back