• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dematrius Davis Jr

Don’t take this wrong, but we aren’t at the level of those other teams you mentioned...yet. It’s obviously not impossible to attract kids, but as you pointed out, it’s challenging to keep them. I’m sure the staff will do their best
I think we just have to accept that QB's are going to transfer nearly yearly, even from NU. Each kid is going to believe they can unseat the starter (or at a minimum have to sit a year then can win the job). That's how QB's think these days.

You know GA had three studs recently on their roster right? Yes 2 transferred. AL same thing. Most big programs are bringing in a stud every year.
This is why I hope Martinez gets his crap together. I'm really excited about Mcaffrey but seeing that he's okay with playing multiple positions will allow him to contribute and then vy for the qb spot in two years. If Luke takes the starting roll next year I can see Martinez transferring and then who knows with Smothers.

wouldn't mind an ATHLETE/QB in the '21 class... perhaps someone who brings something different to the table & if the QB room got too full, might entertain a position switch in order to optimize their abilities - always need playmakers.

This is why I hope Martinez gets his crap together. I'm really excited about Mcaffrey but seeing that he's okay with playing multiple positions will allow him to contribute and then vy for the qb spot in two years. If Luke takes the starting roll next year I can see Martinez transferring and then who knows with Smothers.

Adrian Martinez isn't losing his starting spot

If he plays the way he has this year, he will. And frost wont have a choice.
It's easy to assume he makes strides in the off season but we assumed that last year.
You could be right but nobody knows that. Frost knows he has to win next year. Mccaffery taking over for amart isnt the most probable but it's looking pretty possible

I'm not so sure about that. He's regressed this year and even in a blowout win, still made a fair amount of inaccurate throws. I'm sure he'll be the starter game one but if he doesn't show improvement I would think Luke gets a look.

Last edited:

That’s a fairly definitive statement about a guy who has not played very well to this point. If he becomes the weak link, I don’t know how Frost couldn’t consider a change if there’s a possible and better alternative.

I don't think McCaffrey is far enough along as a passer to run the entire offense. In the two games that he's seen significant snaps, he's basically run the ball every down. Could he take the sort of step this offseason everyone thought Martinez would? Sure, but I just don't see him leapfrogging Martinez.

I don't think McCaffrey is far enough along as a passer to run the entire offense. In the two games that he's seen significant snaps, he's basically run the ball every down. Could he take the sort of step this offseason everyone thought Martinez would? Sure, but I just don't see him leapfrogging Martinez.
He certainly runs the part but you are exactly right...he has not had to pass the ball enough to see what he's like vs. AM.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back