• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Delancey

So.....

we either sit around bemoaning this and let the situation overwhelm us.

Or

We start to like take a look at that transfer portal and see what are good fits to us and go out and recruit these guys for crying out loud! And we might also want to take a look at some of the systemic things that the Florida kids are unhappy with. Social interaction, lack of friends, hard to relate to other kids, no girlfriends, homesick, whatever.....

The transfer portal is here to stay. And the situation it’s only gonna get easier and more common place.

We either adjust to that and take advantage of it or get hurt by it. Pretty simple.

The kid thinks he’s better somewhere else. He didn’t impress the coaches enough to play. He wants another shot somewhere else. I’m fine with it. Let him go. Shake his hand and wish him well. Then go find somebody else. It’s not rocket science.

It’s not personal, it’s business......

So.....

we either sit around bemoaning this and let the situation overwhelm us.

Or

We start to like take a look at that transfer portal and see what are good fits to us and go out and recruit these guys for crying out loud! And we might also want to take a look at some of the systemic things that the Florida kids are unhappy with. Social interaction, lack of friends, hard to relate to other kids, no girlfriends, homesick, whatever.....

The transfer portal is here to stay. And the situation it’s only gonna get easier and more common place.

We either adjust to that and take advantage of it or get hurt by it. Pretty simple.

The kid thinks he’s better somewhere else. He didn’t impress the coaches enough to play. He wants another shot somewhere else. I’m fine with it. Let him go. Shake his hand and wish him well. Then go find somebody else. It’s not rocket science.

It’s not personal, it’s business......

The transfer portal has been a game changer, but in reality, is it always a bad thing? Alot can be made of the high number of transfers from NU, but a low percentage have actually gone on to better things. (some have, no doubt) Even back in the 80s and 90s a recruiting class was really, really good if it had a 50% hit rate. Well, instead of having those "misses" on the roster for 3-4 years, maybe it is better to have them off early and find someone else? Obviously no team can afford to lose great talent, but every class is going to have misses. IF those are the ones leaving, this may just be a new normal.

IF those are the ones leaving, this may just be a new normal.

I think it IS the new normal. NU got hit a tad harder because we are in a transition and trying to sort things out.....

But this is the way it will be in the future. And it will only get easier for a kid to transfer as “athlete’s rights” are going to get stronger and stronger in the future. And frankly....it’s probably time. This isn’t the Army where you DO sign your life to a HARD commitment. These are kids doing sports for crying out loud.... that net a university millions of dollars. Yes, they get a free education but many times that $200K “free education” pales in comparison to their overall “value”...and that free eduction isn’t free anyway....the kids slave long hours trying to balance a semblance of academics with the absolute time requirements of a major college sport

The transfer portal is here to stay and It’s why I think we need to learn to take advantage of this “new reality“ instead of letting it bite us in the butt.

Adapt or die so to speak.....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back