• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deion Sanders to...

I believe Dion wants to stay where he is he’s always going to be in the news as a successful coach as long as he’s a big fish in a small pond. I wouldn’t be surprised if he begins to schedule some Power 5 opponents using TV to build a Boise State type brand. He’s recruiting well and winning easily that’s not going to be the case at a Power 5 school.

The report also says Deion might look at South Florida. If I were him, I'd consider taking a job like USF in the talent-rich south. He pulled the #1 recruit in the country to a FCS HBCU, over schools like Florida, FSU, etc.

At a school like USF, Deion could make a Cinderella run (like Frost at UCF) literally on an annual basis.

The only negative, IMO, is the changing tide of NCAA / NIL / Expansion, and Deion getting left with a team NOT in the new B1G+SEC Super League. That's a minor consideration, though, as a coach could easily take a job in a new league just like current coaches bounce between FCS, FBS, and the NFL. If I were Deion, I'd go with the "big fish, small pond" model as long as possible.

He doesn't even come close to fitting in here. He's an ACC or SEC coach. Colorado would suck because we'd have to get beat by him next year.

Supposedly there maybe issues with him ever taking a p5 job due issues around the private school he tried to build. It fell apart and left a lot of questions unanswered. This was according a Brett McMurphy tweet a day or two ago.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back